[iOS 13 Beta 7] "Silent" notifications not received

I am testing my production app on iOS 13 Beta 7 devices and also my development version on the same devices via XCode11 Beta 5 - I am noticing that "silent" push notifications (notifications without message, badge, or sound) are not being received by my apps. If I test notifications with a message, badge, or sound, the notification comes through fine, but not the silent variety (the purpose is to help the app refresh it's data based on backend data-update).

For reference, background notifications are not necessarily involved here, I am seeing these issues in the foreground. As you would assume, the identical implementation works fine on iOS 12 devices and Xcode 10 built apps.

I use Pushy as the middle-man for push notifications. In their API terminology, the pushes look like this (below). I can dive in and determine exactly what the APNS payloads are that are being sent if it would help.

Any direction on if "silent" notifications are being changed in 13, if a better solution for silent notifications exists, or if there are known bugs in the betas would be great to hear!

-------

"Silent" Notification (not received by iOS 13 devices):

{

"to":"[pushy token (different from APNS token but 1:1]",

"data": { // this is the custom data section - not mapped to the typical message-body of an Apple Push Notification

"Message": {

"customDataKey": "customDataValue"

}

},

"content_available": true,

"time_to_live": 604800

}

Normal Notification (working fine):

{

"to":"[pushy token (different from APNS token but 1:1]",

"data": {

"Message": {

"customDataKey": "customDataValue"

}

},

"notification": {

"body": "standard apple notification body"

},

"content_available": true,

"time_to_live": 604800

}

Replies

Silent notifications are (still) not working in the 13.1.2

I have added the newly required apns-push-type parameter to my head and the apns-priorty parameter but they are still not being delivered to the app.

Did you get any further with this problem?

Need to mirgrate to new apns_push_type.