Apple News Review Wait Times

Is anyone else having issues with wait times for publishing on Apple News? Our account has been in the "Under Review" status for well over two months and all I get is the following response from Apple:

"Thank you for contacting us.

The review for your channel is currently in progress and requires additional time.

As soon as the review is complete, you will receive an email notification.

Thank you for your continued patience as we work to complete your channel review as quickly as possible."

I could understand if it took a few weeks but I submitted our channel for review at the beginning of August and no one seems to be able to inform us what the hold up is or if there are any problems with the content we've submitted.

If anyone has advice on how to resolve this I would greatly appreciate it and look forward to hearing a response soon!

Thanks,

Logan

• Hi Logan, long shot here as I see you had this issue two years ago. I was wondering if your application for publishing on Apple News was ever completed (approved/denied)? If so, how long did the review process take?

I am having the same issue and would like to know if I am wasting my time.

Thanks! Hannah

Add a Comment

Replies

I've been waiting 5 weeks.

Yeah, the turnaround time on these approvals are unacceptable. I'm still under review two weeks after posting this... However, I did reach out to Apple support to get a follow up and this is what they came back with:

"

Hello Logan,

My name is Lucretia and I’m a Senior Advisor taking over the case from Ruby.

We understand you are looking forward to your news channel being available on Apple News. We did check and it appears it is still in review.

Our news channels go through extensive review to ensure it meets all of our quality guidelines in an effort to provide the best content we can to our readers.

We sincerely apologize for the delay. I will gladly take any feedback regarding this procedure via email reply at this time and forward it to the appropriate Apple team, if you would like. Apple’s guidelines and procedures change frequently due to feedback from publishers like yourself.

"

I sent a response to this on the 14th but I still haven't gotten a reply in almost 10 days. Still looking for some form of support or feedback from Apple.

I've been waiting more than 2 months (9 weeks to be exact).

Checking in on the status of this thread - has your submission been reviewed? I have also been waiting for 2 months. Also, nice to know that trying to contact customer service does nothing to speed the process.

Similar issues. Is anyone able to actually become a publisher? We've been waiting for more than 5 months at this stage.

Apologies for the slow response!

Nope still "Under Review" for over 8 months. How does anyone become a publisher at this rate? All they have to do is check 3 articles and make sure the images will work on the Apple News Publisher app... To respond to @SARELLA91, yeah all I get is canned responses that don't actually tell me anything about the status other than "wait patiently".

I sent another email today so we'll see where it goes but, at this rate, I don't even try to post newer stories anymore. It's not worth the effort if my company's account is never actually going to be reviewed.

I have been waiting since early October and have written in 3x now with only a scripted response back. Eight months to review three articles and it's still not done?! For a company that encourages creativity and original content creation, this is completely off-putting. At a minimum they could have the respect to acknowledge the query with a personal response. What a joke.

I'm pleased to hear that it isn't just me. I submitted my application in October and there's still no update.

I've set up Apple News channels before and it took a couple of weeks, max. This is crazy.

Is it just the case that they're not approving any new channels, what with this whole Apple News+?

How long did it take you to set up your other channels?

Same here ... 10 months now, and no progress. Awful!

Yep, still waiting... My company and I have been waiting for almost a year to get approved now. I'm not sure what it'll take to get the approvals moving but I've tried contacting multiple lines of business and even relied on paid support to try and get an answer. They still respond back that I have to be "patient".
Here we go again... What I wrote to them:

"We've been in the "under review" status for Apple News publisher for over a year. Who do I need to contact to move this process forward?"

Their response:

"Hello Logan, 

Thank you for contacting us.

The review for your channel is currently in progress and requires additional time. 

As soon as the review is complete, you will receive an email notification.

Thank you for your continued patience as we work to complete your channel review as quickly as possible.

For your reference, the case number for this correspondence is .

Best regards,

Vera
Apple Inc. 
"
We have been waiting for over a year now. I'm convinced they've stopped accepting new publishers to the program.
Same...we've been waiting for 8 months now. We were approved before very quickly, but we had to change our name and RSS and now we get the same canned form answer.
I've been waiting for 9 months (since February 2020). I called today but can't get through to the correct support department.