iOS 13.1b3 eye strain?

I updated my iPhone 6s to 13.1b3 to do some testing and I noticed almost immediately that I was getting eye strain. I rolled back to 12.4.1 and it seems to have gone away. I was not using Dark Mode and tested with Night shift enabled and disabled. My other settings are the same since I updated OTA directly from 12.4.1.

Has anyone else noticed this? Are they doing something different with the color or dimming in iOS 13 that would cause this?

thanks

Replies

I actually noticed this, and because we don’t have True Tone, there isn’t much we can do besides turning on night shift to compensate. I have decided to keep night shift on at around 15 percent strength and just leave it there 24/7. It’s not a fix but it’s all I can say for now.

Thanks for the reply. I hope this is a bug and not some intentional effort to make the older screens look more consistent with the new ones. Have you noticed it in the other beta builds as well? This is the first one I have installed on this device.

Only noticed this in b3. I really hope this isn’t a thing they are doing on purpose.

Ok I’ll report it. Maybe the default color profile isn’t working right or something.

Have you noticed if this was corrected in the official releases? I am debating whether to just leave the 6s on iOS 12. iOS 13 looks fine on the 11 from what I can tell using it, but I'm a littler nervous to move the 6s to iOS 13 given this experience now that iOS 12 is not being signed anymore.