No symbols for paired Apple Watch

I've created a new project with Xcode 7.0 which includes a Watch Kit app. I've updated my iPhone to iOS 9, and my watch to watchOS 2.0. I'm able to install version of my app by running the main app's Scheme and debugging on the device.

However, if I want to debug on the watch I need to run the [App Name] WatchKit scheme. I'm unable to select my phone+watch though because they are listed under Inelegible Devices with the parenthetical explanation: (No symbols for paired Apple Watch)

Anyone know how to get Xcode to download these symbols?

Accepted Reply

Xcode failed to download the symbol files from http://adcdownload.apple.com/Developer_Tools/watchOS_13S5255d/Watch1_1_13S5255d.dmg.

I was successful to launch my watchOS app by following steps.

1. Download the symbol file installer for 13S5255c from http://adcdownload.apple.com/Developer_Tools/watchOS_13S5255c/Watch1_1_13S5255c.dmg.

2. Create directory "~/Library/Developer/Xcode/watchOS DeviceSupport/2.0 (13S5255d)/Symbols"

3. Mount the DMG and open Watch1,1.pkg.

4. Change the destination directory to above directory. (DO NOT install to default location! OS X will be destroyed!)

5. Install symbol files.

6. Open project on Xcode 7 beta.

7. Disconnect and connect iPhone.

The symbol files may not match with the actual system. But I'm not interested in system symbols.

Replies

The path should be ~/Library/Developer/Xcode/watchOS DeviceSupport/Watch1,2 2.0 (<your watch model>)/Symbols.

For me it was ~/Library/Developer/Xcode/watchOS DeviceSupport/Watch1,2 2.0 (13S5293f)/Symbols.

Both links are broken. Any ideas where can we get those files?

Hello, is the link you provided there for dmg files still available? Why I clicked into it only to find page not existing.....?

Thank you,

WL

I recently installed beta 3, last night just connected my phone 5s paired with watch to Xcode, stilling reporting symbol missing for watch. Checked the folder ~/Library/Developer/Xcode/.... There is a folder /iOS Device Support, but no /Watch Device Support.... Do you think this folder will be setup upon downloading the symbol?

Thank you!

I'm using build Build: 13S5305d. I've tried all paths but still getting inelligble devices error. Any ideas?

In beta 4, I had this problem. Every time I plugged in the device, it would attempt to download the symbols and fail. I had to update my developer account credentials in Xcode to get it to download the symbols without failing.

I'm having the same issue. What did you mean by "update my developer account credentials in Xcode"?

I've tried Xcode>Preferences...>Accounts and removed/readded my existing account, refreshed ("downloaded all") my provisioning profiles and such. Was there another step you took to resolve this?

The password that Xcode had for my account was old because I had recently changed my password. I had to enter the new password and log in. If you can get at your provisioning profiles, then you probably don't have the same problem I had.

Now in xcode 7 beta4, watch os 2 beta 5, it doesn't work either. Dose someone still have the same problem like me?

It is not working on beta5. Please Apple, help us.

I solve the problem by installing the new Xcode7 beta 5. You can try this.

This started happening to me when I upgraded my watch to watchOs2 beta5.

To fix, simply update to Xcode 7 beta5.