Apple CarPlay not working on ios 13.

Apple CarPlay not working on ios 13.2/iPhone 11 Pro Max. I tried everything but once I connect the phone to the car it only shows me “iPod”. My car has Apple CarPlay and just stopped working when I connected to the new iPhone. Can someone help?! Thanks!

• I just got the 13 pro last weekend, I’ve read that turning on and back off the EQ or making sure Siri is on, will work to make the Apple carplay work. However, I have had no luck with anything. If someone could please tell me a fix to getting CarPlay to work. I have Spotify for a reason and I got this damn 13 and I’d love a helpful answer.

• I have a 2016 Chevy Volt and up until now my iPhone 8 connected and worked. Buggy, but worked. Upgraded to the iPhone 13 and the only thing that works is playing sound/music. The "projection" gives me nothing and the apps will not show. I'm wondering if the software in the cars themselves will need a compatibility update from the manufacturer's end.

When you go into the phone's settings and find Carplay, it wants to connect wirelessly, but try as I might, it won't, which I don't think that feature works with older versions. In the car's Carplay functions all it wants to do is add or connect with a device, and though it shows mine is connected, and sound is working, the apps and projection is not.

So I'm wondering if that's the issue. I plan to go to a dealership and see if they have any firmware updates for the Carplay interface. Just wondering if anyone has tried something similar.

Add a Comment

Replies

I'm having the same issue.

2018 Chevy Traverse

iPhone 11

iOS 13.1.2

I've done all the re-sets in the vehicle per Chevy and still can't get CarPlay to sync continually

Adding to this thread so I can see any potentail fixes or feedback.

Same issue, 2018 GMC Sierra. I called Apple regarding this but they were not helpful at all, they actually got GMC on the phone trying to blame them. Eventually, the Apple engineer admitted that this was most likely a bug in iOS 13 but there's not ETA on a fix. On my vehicle, it actually does work most of the time HOWEVER I often have to manually connect by going into the vehicle's Carplay Settings and forcing the connection. Sometimes it connects only as an iPod and doesn't give me the Carplay display in my vehicle.

2018 GMC Sierra

iPhone 11 Pro

iOS 13.1.2

I'm also finding this to be hit or miss.. I've got a 2018 Chevy Impala and sometimes it connects right away when I plug in my iPhone 11 Pro Max (iOS 13.2b1). Sometimes it looks like it connected right away and shows me the CarPlay Screen, but then disconnects.. Sometimes it just doesn't connect at all unless I hard reboot my iPhone. Sometimes I have to actually turn my car OFF (and open the door to turn the Stereo off), AND reboot my iPhone... And then it'll connect. I've got the ability to reset my Stereo to factory defaults, and when I'm on wireless I can update my Stereo's software, too, and have managed to do so before. I'm not seeing any updates from Chevy for my stereo lately, though.

Last year's round of iOS12 betas I had a similar issue, and the feedback I received in my radar was to CONTACT THE MAKER OF MY CAR FOR AN UPDATE. Ummm... No? If Apple makes a change, why is it up to little old me to contact my Chevy dealer to tell them they need to update their software? Shouldn't that be on Apple, too?

+1 last update my car detects the phone, start playing music like it's an iPod but the CarPlay app never launches without me removing the device and re-adding to the car.

2016 Buick LaCrosse

I am having the same problem with a 2017 Toyota Highlander. Pairing works great ! can't stay conected without dropping out every few seconds. Iphone 6 has been work great with every bluetooh device.

2017 Toyota Highlander

Iphone 11 and iphone pro

Stereo system entune

ios 13.1.2

Have some problem with the ear bluetooth as well, volume going up and down. Plus connect and dis - connect all the time.

My issue is not with connecting but rather with Siri not “speaking”. Texts cannot be read back. In fact, any commands to Siri on Car Play simply don’t work.

Same Problem here, 2018 Traverse, Iphone 11 Pro Max with iOS 13.1.2. Every third time I enter the car the phonee will be recognized by Carplay then all other times just by Bluetooth. The only way I can get it to reconnect is by turning off the vehicle and exiting letting it lock then re enter and only sometimes it reconnects. Toggling Bluetooth, Carplay and switching cables is not a fix either. Apple has been no help.

I Just had my 2018 Escalade serviced for its inability to connect to CarPlay/ iPhone 11 Pro Max this week. Dealership found nothing of course and did a factory reset of the system and installed the latest software. That being said, I did see somewhere that general connectivity issues could be caused by dust in the usb connectors and for the **** of it tried compressed air to clean out the connection. My system is still buggy, but i have only had one fail in the four days since getting my car back. This is a vast improvement since before it was serviced and i am still considering having them replace the two main USB ports for my vehicle, but a win so far. The one interesting thing I noticed is many of the comments I have seen on this site have come from GM owners. It seems that CarPlay this cycle is really not playing nice with the Cue system. But then again, it seems every other year the iOS update has been hit or miss with improving performance or causing a major setback. It seems to take a couple of months to settle in. I am at least optimistic that we are getting updates much faster this cycle which may at least provide the necessary patch for CarPlay sooner than usual.

2018 Cadillac Escalade

iPhone 11 Pro Max

IOS 13.2.1

I had this exact issue and it was driving me crazy. My plan was to revert back to 13.1.3, but in the attempt it did not let me restore to that version. I just went ahead and finished a restore from backup to 13.2 and now my carplay is normal, sends texts, reads them back, etc.

Both our Mercedes --2015 CLS and 2018 CLA — refused to boot CarPlay as soon as we purchased new iPhone 11s. Both systems were purring prior to the change in phones. Reset the system, tried different cables, even tried booting Android Automwith a spare Android phone. No dice. But here's the funny thing. Right after pulling out the USB cable and then plugging the Lightning cable back in, CarPlay Booted and played for my entire drive to the grocery store. But when I drove back, it,failed again!

So it seems to have something to do with the cable? Anyhow, it's not just GM that's not playing with CarPlay now. The Mercedes version is wired, BTW. My wireless CarPlay on another car is working just fine.

2015 Mercedes CLS400

iPhone 11 Pro Max

iOS 13.1.3.1

Chevy Bolt, same problem.

I'm having the exact same issue in a 2019 Honda Insight.

I just took my econobox 2019 Mitsubishi Mirage and surprised to see the issues. I can't seem to figure out if it's the head unit. USB port or the ios 13. Anyways since I bought the car it's worked minimally at best. When it works it's awesome but this is so frustrating. The dealer a as able to duplicate the issue and they've ordered a replacement head unit to swap out. Hope this will do the trick when they replace it. I also called Apple but they were useless.

Also have issues with Iphone 11 pro max. 2018 Chevy Volt. Tons of issues with carplay. Sometimes it starts right up sometimes it never works. Sometimes carplay will come up and if you go into say spotify it crashes and dumps out of carplay. Have done reset network settings, have tried different cords including new oem cords same issues. Have deleted car from carplay on phone and deleted phone from carplay in car.

Same issue here. Honda 2018 Accord; all was working fine until I updated to 13.1.3 and now my car doesn't even recognize my phone. Tried different USBs, restarting phone, making sure Honda infotainment is up-do-date and nothing. Crickets. Can't use my Apple CarPlay at all.