Is it possible to enforce notarisation requirements

Apple has announced that notarization will not become required until January 1, 2020. But it would be very valuable to be able to know in advance if our applications will still run when the notarization requirements have taken effect - and on which operating system versions.

So is it possible to put the system into a special "notarization required" mode, where the system behaves as if Apple has fully enabled all notarization requirements?

Thanks in advance!

Regards

Claus Moltke-Leth

Replies

There’s two parts to this:

• Notarisation

• Gatekeeper

With regards notarisation, the developer news article you’re talking about indicates that the notarisation servers are running in errors-are-warnings mode. You should look at the log you get back from the servers to see if it has any warnings, and then fix those warnings. If you do that, you’ll be in good shape for any upcoming changes.

With regards Gatekeeper, the currently released 10.15 includes all the expected Gatekeeper checks. If your app passes Gatekeeper there, you should be fine.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!”
Apple Developer Relations, Developer Technical Support, Core OS/Hardware

let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@apple.com"

Thank you very much for that clarification!

Regards

Claus Moltke-Leth

Hello again!

Just to be sure that I got it right: This means that if an application can be installed and run on Catalina now, it will also be possible to run and install it after January 1, 2020. Am I correct?

Regards

Claus

I answered this (somewhat) on your other thread.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!”
Apple Developer Relations, Developer Technical Support, Core OS/Hardware

let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@apple.com"