iPadOS 13.2 beta 2 frozen during update

It has been several hours and the device will not power off or force restart. It recognizes the attempts and puts a message up below the progress bar indication it will restart when the update is complete. Has anyone else seen this, and what suggestions for recovering from this?

Replies

Same here on my iPad Pro

i had to:

Press volume up

Press volume down

hold power button down for 3 minutes

When it restarted it went back to the install logo but completed

By the way this only happened on iPad Pro. My iPhone and two iPad mini's were fine

I had a similar problem and experience with my iPad Pro (12,9 inch, 3rd gen). The iPad recovered after the reset, though I only had to press the top button for about 20 seconds before the Applle logo appeared and the installation continued with a restart.

I was hoping this would do the trick for me - I did the force restart, as you did, but, only pressed the top button for about 30 seconds, and that did restart the iPad Pro 12.9 inch model, but, alas, even after the slowly crawling installation progress meter, it has not completed. Seems like a semi brick state. Hoping to poke at it more...

Update: It all went horribly wrong. I was forced into only a DFU mode restore, which put things back to 13.1.2. No amount of trying to get the (now pulled) beta installed worked. Sadly, the last time I made a backup of my iPad was a month ago, which means I'm weeping over lost LumaFusion edits...that was the only thing local on the iPad that wasn't backed up. Doh.

Same here. After the restart it did the “slow craw” reinstall of the update taking me right back to frozen window I did the hard reboot like before but now bit took me to Window requiring you connect the iPad Pro to a computer (plug in graphics) I hope my Hard backup is current (Meaning IOS 13) because when beta testing I don’t allow cloud backups. It’s strange this is only happening to my Face ID iPad Pro not any other devices

Same here. 2018 iPad Pro 12.9 with Face ID. It had almost completed the install before it froze when I press the power button the error message is that the iPad will restart after it finishes the install. I tried everything and will now try to restore using my computer.

Here's what you will have to do:

1. Put the iPad in DFU mode. Do a search for how to put an iPhone X or Xs or 11 into DFU mode. Same button pressings apply.
  2. Restore your ipad to the last good version of iPadOS (13.1.2). iTunes will do that automatically after it downloads it.
  3. Download the ipsw for iPadOS 13.2 beta 2 and install it via iTunes (if on below Catalina). The ipsw was not there earlier today but is there now.
  4. Alternatively you may try to do an OTA update, however earlier today the OTA update for iPadOS 13.2 beta 2 was not verifiable (got the "not connected to the internet" issue even though connectivity was not an issue) so this may not work. I suspect that the full update had issues so that is why it wasn't verifiable.

I will be doing it via iTunes restoring using the 13.2 beta ipsw.