Fusion drive broke after installed Catalina

Im using iMac 21-inch 2015 late.

After installed Catalina, my machine got incredibly slow and finally, after few hours after installed Catalina, my machine went to reboot and then five languages screen, reboot and then five languages screen... over and over again.

I tried verbose safe mode but I only got endless errors: fusions_wbc_pop_head 1789 obj_modified wbc failed: 22 invalid argument.

I’ve tried to reset my Fusion Drive with diskutil in recovery mode or reinstall my OS but the machine goes to endless reboot again.

Accepted Reply

I resolved the problem by pressing command+option+r at computer start, re-constructing the fusion drive from scratch and reinstalling the operating system.

Replies

I resolved the problem by pressing command+option+r at computer start, re-constructing the fusion drive from scratch and reinstalling the operating system.

I just installed Catalina on my iMac and it did the same thing to my Fusion Drive. Is there something wrong with specific models of drives or is this a bug in Catalina that needs to be reported?

Hhere is the same with an MacMini from 2014. Mojave works, but the update to Catalina fails. After repairing the volume, I installed Yosemite and after that upgraded to Catalina. This worked. But after the next upgrade to Catalina the fusion drive is broken again.

To get the system working, I restored the whole system from TimeMachine. I hope 15.1 will fix it. I don't like to reinstall the whole system with all applications and features (printer, filesharing,....)