Can't login to App Store under Catalina

The App Store app is logged out, and logging in with the correct credentials spins for a moment then leaves the app without being logged in.

As of now I'm suspecting a filesystem issue, perhaps permissioning, as I've seen other things that might point that way.

Anyone else seeing this?

Add a Comment

Accepted Reply

All preference panes requiring authentication fail for me, so the solution of logging out of iCloud through Preferences didn't work for me.

What did work was logging out of the Music app, logging back into the Music app, then logging into App Store.

Hope this (or the Preferences variant) helps others.

• This worked for me as well in February 2022. Surprised this hasn't been fixed yet.

Add a Comment

Replies

me too

Did not work for me!

Same here, no workaround helped!

I just fixed the issue on my Mac after none of these solutions worked for me since June. When being prompted to login to the App Store, enter a different email address. Then, re-enter your actual iCloud email address - you'll see the password prompt go away while you're doing this and then come up again once you confirm your email address. I think when it has your email credentials saved, the "saved" address isn't going through as expected for some people so re-entering sort of purges the "corrupted" text. Good luck.

OMG! It worked!

I got it working today, new workaround. Logout/Log back in to macOS user account.

None of the above workarounds (I tried them all, several times) worked for me. Rebooted 100 hundred times, so you wouldn't think that logging out would have any effect, but it did.

Log out of your user account (Apple Menu > Logout) and then log back in. I immediately went to the App Store once the Dock appeared, and logged in. It worked.

In System preferences, logout of your ICloud account, follow the prompts and when you've logged out, sign back in again and setup iCloud and its associated bits (Find my Mac, iCloud Drvie etc.).

After thast all is good.

KbJ

Worked for me!

Hi

Mine gave the same problems. Logging out and logging back in didn't help.

What solved my problem was turning OFF my secureline VPN product. Now it works fine without having to log in-and-out.

Hopefully this helps.

This solved my problem, I signed into apple tv first, then signed into apple store.

Same here, still have this issue.

I had a similar problem, and was told to reboot after logging out of iCloud. Log in to iCloud after it starts back up.

Also see if you have a recurring message in the system that the App Store agent failed. In my case, it was repeating every ten seconds, but the reboot stopped it.

I have this exact same error After downloading XCode I can't seem to log back in to the app store nor icloud.

@ani24sri I am having the exact same problem. When I try to log in it just refreshes the login menu.

I'm not sure what else to do beside restarting the computer.

A corrupt Keychain can prevent multiple services from loggin in, including iCloud. Here is a way to figure out if your Keychain is the cause of not being able to login to iCloud.

1. Open your Console app (under Utilities)

2. In the Search field, type "Login"

3. Press the Clear button.

4. Try to login to your iCloud.

5. Note the error messages. They may look something like this"

Error Domain=com.apple.accounts Code=13 UserInfo={NSLocalizedDescription=<private>, NSUnderlyingError=0x7f*******c10 {Error Domain=com.apple.accounts.keychain Code=-25295}}}}

Break down the error codes:

• Error Domain=com.apple.accounts Code=13

This code can be linked to Keychain errors with a simple Google search

• Error Domain=com.apple.accounts.keychain Code=-25295

This error code (and many others) can be nterpreted at this link:

https://krypted.com/lists/comprehensive-list-of-mac-os-x-error-codes/

In this case, 25295 is interpreted by pressing Command F and searcing "25295". The search locates the following code:

Keychain Manager error codes

errKCInvalidKeychain = -25295

All indications are that the Keychain is corrupt, blocking services from logging in. In fact, by searching your own Apple ID in the keychain to locate login keys, you might try deleting Public keys. In doing so, MacOS will fail to delete any key that is corrupt.

SOLUTION:

The solution is at this link:

How to back up your iCloud Keychain

https://eclecticlight.co/2019/09/05/how-to-back-up-your-icloud-keychain/

If you backup your MacOS device, your Keychain is also backed up. The article describes how to ensure your iCloud keychain items are also included in any local backup, and in doing so, it also describes how to restore your Keychain. Your Keychain is located in a file within your Library at ~/Library/Keychains. In finder, you need to select GO at the top menu (there's a way to unhide the "Go" tab... I don't remember offhand, but it is easy to find). Library is under the GO tab. This being said, this folder is also backed up to Time Machine or any duplicate of your MacOS device. Follow the instructions in the link to restore the ~/Library/Keychains folder to your MacOS device. I restarted my MacBook Pro, at this point, and for the first time in a couple of weeks, was able to login to all services. Problem solved!