Not prompted to update to release

I installed the GM over the weekend (build 19a582a) but was not prompted to update to the release. In the past, this was because the build didn't change. However, I've read that there is a 19a583 build for the release. Also, a bit odd, is that 'About this Mac...' says that Catalina beta is installed.

Anyone else seeing this?

Replies

I think you need to remove the developer profile if you want to install released version.

I have had the same experience as PatrickM. I went to the app store and downloaded the release. I removed my beta profile. When I install the release it looks like it is installing and goes as far as the reboot, then it just boots back up to the beta version again.

Yeah, I already tried removing the profile and seeing if software update would pick it up, but that did not work. I was going to try to download and install the release like mistoffelees, but I won't now 🙂

Guess we'll have to wait for .1

No Problem, please go to Appstore, type in Searchfield -> Apple Catalina, and you get the Option to download the Full-Installer.

In last Release-Note (no more available) they told us, that the Final will not update automatically, but the next Beta will show there.

I removed the profile, and then went to the App Store. Mine took a while, but it worked fine.