Custom B2B distributed app doesn't update to the people who redeem it with a redeem code.

I have distributed my App by Custom B2B due to Apple asked me to do (My app is not able to be distributed it from App Store).

All done, I generated redeem codes to my users who wanted the application in their devices. The problem comes when I updated my application. No one of my users who redeemed my app has recieved the update. And the time has passed with no results about the update. I have put in contact with Apple support but it seems they just are ignoring me. When I send them an email they take over 1 day to reply me and their responses are something like "Our engeeniers are working on it, we will notify you when we fix the problem". I have also mantained a called with their but is also the same stupid proccess, I tell them my problem and they say the same.

Do it happen to you? If you have fixed it or have some clue about what is happening would be awesome.

• Does any one know if this issue was fixed?

Add a Comment

Accepted Reply

Did you ever got this fixed properly? We have a similar situation, we got tricked by Apple to use the b2b program after rejecting our apps, and after all the annoying setup of arranging 15+ VVP accounts in different countries, all seemed pretty okay. I actually liked it. But then we decided to update our apps. Noting happend, users don’t get the updates, pretty frustrating. We’ve received similar responses from developer support. I also wonder what they mean fixing the issue, do they mean fixing it just for you, or the mechanism in general? We have started to recommend the b2b program to our customers (assuming the issue was related to our account somehow) but if it always works like this, the program is completely worthless.

Replies

I recall update issues for other examples recently - devs did the same as you, got the same type of response, and Apple eventually worked to find and fix the issue(s) then. I expect the same process in your case. It doesn't help in the short term, but no one said there will never be issues.

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote reply of KMT Down vote reply of KMT

Did you ever got this fixed properly? We have a similar situation, we got tricked by Apple to use the b2b program after rejecting our apps, and after all the annoying setup of arranging 15+ VVP accounts in different countries, all seemed pretty okay. I actually liked it. But then we decided to update our apps. Noting happend, users don’t get the updates, pretty frustrating. We’ve received similar responses from developer support. I also wonder what they mean fixing the issue, do they mean fixing it just for you, or the mechanism in general? We have started to recommend the b2b program to our customers (assuming the issue was related to our account somehow) but if it always works like this, the program is completely worthless.

How are updates managed? do you see them in app store updates or are they pushed out silently?

Same problem here. Distributed a custom B2B app with redemption codes. After update is released, no one who installed the app got the update. Pretty frustrating.

Any updates on this topic yet?

Facing the same problem 😟.. No notification for updates for the user.

Any update on the issue?

We are also seeing that these B2B distributed apps are not being updated automatically, so we have implemented an in-app method of checking version numbers and then grabbing a list of download links from our server. Now we are running into issues where many of these redemption links are showing they have already been redeemed.

Hello!

Do you know if this has been fixed in the mean time?

Best,Christian

They weren't at the time I wrote that message. Currently however, everything seems to work. We've succesfully pushed some updates for a couple of customers and the updates actually appeared and users were able to update the apps. Yay!

Yes, it has been fixed.

Do you know what the typical time frame is between:

Update approved and published to when users have the update pushed to their device assuming their device is connected to the internet.

I updated my app around noon today it's almost 9 pm and the app has not updated yet at the device.

Also, can a user manually look for an update for a Volume Purchase Program app distributed by redeem codes?

Thanks for your time.

You said this is fixed but I have the issue still. I have had to deal with this issue since 2019 when i first released a B2B app for my cusotmer. How did you get this resolved.

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote reply of MMR Down vote reply of MMR

I stil have this same issue. I just released a new update to a 2018 B2B app for a private customer and non of their users had the older version of the app are gtting the updates. I am having to send them all new Redeem code Links so that they can install a new version.

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote reply of MMR Down vote reply of MMR

I found the answer!

The updated app has to be manually updated. The user goes to the App Store, selects Today, then the little profile icon top left, and the at bottom there is a list of all the updates available. Click on update and voila!

Not an intuitive solution and not elegant, but works.

• My update is not even showing in the Purchase History ABM, B2B and Apple support sucks!!

Add a Comment

Hello, is this still occur as of today? Thanks