AutoFill does not work with the latest iOS 13 beta 5

On my app, I have a screen with a UITextField which should take the user's phone number.

The following code has been working so far to enable the AutoFill of that field:

public override func viewDidLoad() {
     super.viewDidLoad()
     txtPhoneNumber.textContentType = .telephoneNumber
}

...up until I started testing with the iOS 13 beta.

I checked the Safari AutoFill settings and I'm using the same contact as before.

The AutoFill seems to work on some websites that have the phone field.

I couldn't find anything that has changed from the docuemntation.

Am I missing something new that should be implemented there in order to get it working?

Replies

I'm seeing this as well.

Have either of you seen any changes? All our apps use phone number autofill, and none of them are working. I tried a few competitor apps that also had autofill in iOS 12, and those also seem to be broken.

I can't find anyone else discussing this anywhere else, and iOS 13 is live now with this bug in it. We have tried rebuilding with Xcode 11 but that has had no effect, and I can't find any API changes that should affect this.

I'm now using the released Xcode 11.0 (11420a) and the issue remains.

I reported this issue using https://feedbackassistant.apple.com about two months ago and didn't get any response up to this day.

I was hoping it would be fixed by the GM, but I still see the issue.

Hope to see if it will be fixed in next iOS updated version.🙂

i found only one solution to make it works.

input.textContentType = .telephoneNumber
input.keyboardType = .numbersAndPunctuation

and for others textContentType you shuld use some keyboard type

Do you have any updates on this bug? I am unable to see autofill as an option with iOS 13.1.3 and Xcode Version 11.0 (11A420a). The same code and version of Xcode show the option when running on iOS 12 and below.

Still happening in iOS 13.3 and 13.4 beta 3. 😕

Filed feedback report:

https://feedbackassistant.apple.com/feedback/7603842

I made a small investigation with Hopper and found interesting stuff. Within [UIPredictionViewController isVisibleForInputDelegate:inputViews:] call there is a check against the bitmask 0b100100110000. Each bit in this mask(from right to left) corresponds to a value of UIKeyboardType. Thus predictions are disabled for the following types:

UIKeyboardTypeNumberPad

UIKeyboardTypePhonePad

UIKeyboardTypeDecimalPad

UIKeyboardTypeASCIICapableNumberPad

Obviously, predictions were disabled for all numerical keyboards and I guess phone pad was added accidentally too. Everything works fine when I swizzle initial function to return "true" in case of phone number keyboard, as expected I'm having my phone suggested above the keyboard. My radar changed status to "Potential fix identified - For a future OS update", hopefully, it would be fixed soon in the following release.

Having the same problem too.

We're struggling with first name, last name, phone number, address fields.

Email and password work fine.

Nice find! Still buggy in iOS 13.5 beta, I doubt this will get fixed before iOS 14, sadly.

Still broken in iOS 14 beta 1. Apple, is anybody there?
I found this solution and its working for me in iOS 13.5

phoneField.autocorrectionType = .yes
phoneField.textContentType = .telephoneNumber
phoneField.keyboardType = .numbersAndPunctuation
Still broken in iOS 14 beta 2. Sadness
Important note after you have configured your textField text content type with .telephoneNumber, you must have a phone number in your contact card.
Go to the contacts app > Click on your own card > Add phone number