Xcode 11 Static Table Views in storyboard are not replacing textLabel with localized text

This issue has occurred in Xcode 11 and we didn't find it until users reported it. It seems that if you have a Static Table View that is grouped, the textLabel.text is not being replaced with the localized text. This was working in Xcode 10. See: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/57905965/xcode-11-ios-13-localization-issue

This is a MAJOR issue since how large parts of our app are not localized when they used to be in previous Xcode versions.

This happens when the app has been built with Xcode 11 and iOS 13 as the base SDK.

Has something changed? Is there a new setting we need to check?

Replies

I'm expeirencing same issue!!

Even if i create new project which has UITableViewController set as static cells, localization doesn't work for that table view.

Same here. I've already created a BugReport

Same problem here, I was just finishing my app update and niticed that something is wrong. All static cells are not being lcoalized.

Same issue here, I'm moving to

• dynamic tableviews
  • outlets for everything

There is a warning in the release notes of XCode 11.1

Localization Known Issues

UITableViewCell labels in storyboards and XIB files do not use localized string values from the strings file at runtime. (52839404)

So this should be corrected soon.

Still an issue in XCode 11.3