Attempting to create a breadcrumb action for a scene handle which already has one...

Hi

my app is crashing right after I open it on any iOS 13 devices, but only when I download from Appstore or Test Flight.

The error I could get from the device console is:

Attempting to create a breadcrumb action for a scene handle which already has one (sceneID:<app id-default>). Are you trying to active an app that's already active?

Does anyone know what is causing it?

thanks

Replies

First things first, you need to confirm whether this log message is related to your crash at all. For that, you should look at the crash report. See Technote 2151 Understanding and Analyzing iOS Application Crash Reports for more background on that.

If you can’t glean anything from the crash report yourself, feel free to post it here and we can take a look. To make it easier to read, use the

<>
button to format it as code.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!”
Apple Developer Relations, Developer Technical Support, Core OS/Hardware

let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@apple.com"
hey did you ever resolve this issue? I see exact same issue.
Hello,

I have the exact same crash

Code Block
Attempting to create a breadcrumb action for a scene handle which already has one (sceneID:<app id-default>). Are you trying to active an app that's already active?

The app supports iOS 11.4+, I don't use the UISceneSession Lifecycle for that reason.

It crash when I open the app from TestFlight (I did not tested this for AppStore yet)

Thanks

Having same issue :( Only when starting app from TestFlight. Runs ok when from xcode

Code Block
Attempting to create a breadcrumb action for a scene handle which already has one (sceneID:com.*.*-default). Are you trying to active an app that's already active?

The same error is shown in our project.

Same here. Runs from Xcode but crashes instantly from TestFlight. I found that message in the logs, I have no way to get a crash log, either via TestFlight feedback or Xcode Organizer.

The only difference in this build from previous ones that didn't have this issue is that I added an Intents extension for Siri support.