Why is there a white bar across iPhone device when displaying app using cordova?

I'm experiencing an issue with the display of an Angular 6 app with Cordova on iOS devices in landscape mode. The app looks as expected in portrait mode, however when the orientation is changed to landscape a white bar appears on the screen in the top half left corner.

I've tried adding and removing 'viewport-fit=cover' and there's no change. I also tried debugging the app in Safari using the 'Develop' option and the white bar is not affected by any styling and I can't even inspect the bar ... it's like it doesn't exist in code but appears on the device somehow.

I expect to not see the white bar at the top of the screen when the iPhone device is in landscape mode. What am I missing? Is this an iOS/Apple issue? Or an issue with Cordova?

Replies

> Or an issue with Cordova?

Note that devForums is for Apple's IDE support - suggest you contact the maker of any 3rd party tools for their help.

Good luck.

>Cordova on iOS devices in landscape mode...Is this an iOS/Apple issue? Or an issue with Cordova?

Lots of things have changed in iOS regarding rotation handling. I suspect Cordiva did not keep up. This is most likely an issue with Cordova interacing with those changes.