Mac Catalyst unable to create a Safari Extension

Hello!

I've started a new iOS project enabling the option to deploy the same app in macOS (Catalyst). But when I try to create a Safari Extension, I get the following error

'Safari Extension.appex' is a Safari extension, which is not available when building for Mac Catalyst. You may need to restrict the platforms for which this app extension should be embedded in the target editor.

In the target editor Frameworks, Libraries and Embedded Content I've selected only the macOS platform in my Safari Extension, but I get the same error, any clue?

thanks for your time

Accepted Reply

Embedding a Safari App Extension in a Catalyst app currently isn't supported. If you could file a piece of Feedback in Feedback Assistant that would be very helpful. Thanks!

Replies

Embedding a Safari App Extension in a Catalyst app currently isn't supported. If you could file a piece of Feedback in Feedback Assistant that would be very helpful. Thanks!

Hello,

I also face the same issue, what info do you need to resolve this problem or how to manage safari extension by catalyst app nowadays?

I would like to catch selected text in Safari and send it to my app.

this seems not the case anymore I'm able to compile ad build an iOS app that contains a safari extension with Mac Catalyst. But I don't see this extension in my macOS safari extension settings. However, I see content blockers ported fine with mac catalyst. I think I have an issue with some settings to be able to view it on macOS safari. Xcode 13.0

This seems to work in XCode 13.2.1

https://twitter.com/SufiyanYasa/status/1488787930722144256