Can't get the horizontalAccuracy better than 29m after iOS13 update

In anyone experiencing this too? I have tested on iPhone X, iPhone XS Max and iPhone 11 and can't get pass 29 in a wide open space which tells me this is potentially a software issue.

Already filed a bug report.

Replies

I tried now on my iOS 13.1/XSMax and got accuracy of 5 meters within 10 seconds after moving under the open sky. Though I have some users that seem to have low accuracy after the iOS 13 update, not a lot of them, but surely some. It's strange through that you are getting such a low accuracy on all of your iPhones. Any chance they are all using the same cellular operator? Bad network update? May be resetting network settings might help?

The 3 devices were on different carries: Sprint, T-Mobile and Verizon. I am gonna try to reset all settings see if that works...thanks for your response!

Appletoolbox.com also suggests:

Make sure that you’ve set the date, time, and time zone correctly on the device in Settings > General > Date & Time. If possible, use Set Automatically. Toggle it off and on and check if the accuracy improves.

Will not be providing a link here as this would require a moderation. I'm providing this here as this is the first time I see the "Set Automatically" trick off/on for time and it is "cheap" to try.

I've tried that..no luck

I've also tried a hard reset, soft reset, reset all settings, enable and disiable location services folowwed by a restart...no luck.