secItemCopyMatching() error on iOS 13.1 Beta2, Beta3 & Beta4

On an iPhone 8 Plus with Touch ID, has anyone else noticed that intermittently when blocked on secItemCopyMatching(), the touch ID dialog doesn't come up but the Touch ID system is actually primed and waiting for a fingerprint?

At first I thought that a different code path had been taken so that our app's default behavior was bypassed, but then I accidently touched the home button and realized that it was just not bringing up the Touch ID system dialog.

What I would end up doing is then requesting the touch Id dialog to come up, but since an app's thread was already blocked on secItemCopyMatching() it would then return errSecAuthFailed.

Facing same issue in iOS13.1 Beta 2 & Beta 3. But in Beta 1 i'm not facing this issue.

Thanks

Replies

I noticed exactly the same problem in two applications after upgrading to iOS 13.1 beta 2.

Maybe there is a workaround?

I have met exactly same issue in my iPhone 8+. While function call for SecItemCopyMatching seemed blocked, the Touch ID dialog shows up if I tap my finger on Touch ID sensor.

Yes - I also noticed exactly the same problem. Hope it will be fixed in next BETA 5 or in the final release.

Encountered the same problem. The Touch ID dialog is masked by other view.

Facing the same issue in iOS 13.1 Beta 4, but it is working fine in iOS 13.

Let's hope for a fix...

Same here for iOS 13.1 beta 4

Same issue here for ios 13.1 where touch id prompts when I tap the touch id sensor, intermittent though. Working fine on ios 13. Hoping its fixed with ios 13.1 release and not needing a workaround.

"App store connect APP" and "KeyChainTouchID sample project" also have the same problem in iOS 13.1 release version.

(https://developer.apple.com/library/archive/samplecode/KeychainTouchID/Introduction/Intro.html#//apple_ref/doc/uid/TP40014530)

Seeing the issue on iOS 13.1 beta5, the app is struck while showing TouchID prompt. It will be in that state until there is some user interaction like touching a TextField, Shake gesture or Touch sensor rather than automatically displaying the TouchId prompt.

I am seeing this issue on iOS 13.1. The GA version that I downloaded yesterday evening. It is intermittent however more often than not the TouchID prompt does not display. I can get it to display by rotating the phone to landscape.

My iphone is an SE, model number MP822B/A

EDIT on Tuesday 1st October: I have updated my phone to 13.1.2 and I can confirm that this problem is still there. It has not yet been fixed.

I have same prolem with iOS 13.1 release. Any work around here?

same Issue on Release ios13.0 and ios13.1

Apps that @tas175 has mentioned, work as expected on 13 and 13.1, but not my app

Any information would be appreaciated !

The issue is reproduced on iOS 13.1.1 in sample app mentioned by @tas175. It happens rarely but still can bee seen.

It seems Apple fixed it in the new 13.2 Public Beta 1 release, our initial tests looks promising.

We had the same issue. Tested on 13.1.2 and the TouchID dialog didn't show anymore.

Upgraded to 13.2 Beta and it works again as expected.