EndpointSecurity in XCode 11

Hi,

According to WWDC 2019, there is a EndpointSecurity in SystemExtensions.

https://developer.apple.com/documentation/systemextensions?language=objc

But with XCode 11 GM seed 2, I only find new a DriverKit and NetworkExtension, can't find how to new a EndpointSecurity extension.

Do I miss any thing? Or is there other method to new a EndpointSecurity extension target or project?

Thank you very much!

Accepted Reply

EndpointSecurity is pretty obscure, and I think that’s the reason why there’s no target template for it in Xcode.

EndpointSecurity clients are typically packaged as a system extension, and thus you should be able to get started by creating some other system extension and customising from there. It’s probably best to start with the System Extension > Network Extension, because DriverKit is weird (-:

Oh, and please do file a enhancement request for this target template, posting your bug number here, just for the record.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!”
Apple Developer Relations, Developer Technical Support, Core OS/Hardware

let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@apple.com"

Replies

EndpointSecurity is pretty obscure, and I think that’s the reason why there’s no target template for it in Xcode.

EndpointSecurity clients are typically packaged as a system extension, and thus you should be able to get started by creating some other system extension and customising from there. It’s probably best to start with the System Extension > Network Extension, because DriverKit is weird (-:

Oh, and please do file a enhancement request for this target template, posting your bug number here, just for the record.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!”

Hi Eskimo,

Is there any guide or sample code just like network extension for EndpointSecurity?

Need I add any new capability for EndpointSecurity?

Thank you very much!

Is there any guide or sample code just like network extension for EndpointSecurity?

Not that I’m aware of. As I mentioned, it’s a pretty obscure tech.

Need I add any new capability for EndpointSecurity?

That’d be

com.apple.developer.endpoint-security.client

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!”

Hi Eskimo,

Thank you very much!

I get started with :

https://forums.developer.apple.com/thread/118225

And you also replied me in that thread.

Thank you very much!