AppleScript - how to copy a file from one drive folder to local folder in hard disk?

Hi All, I'm modifying a document and saving those changes to one drive folder. now i want to create a copy of that document into local folder. I want to get it done using AppleScript. I use finder app for creating copy from one folder to another folder if document exists in local folder. tell application "Finder" to duplicate sourcefile to destinationfolder with replacing here the document exists in one-drive folder and i want to create a temporary copy into local folder. Is there anyway to do it via finder app or shell scripts?

Accepted Reply

Please ignore this question. I found the solution. We can use Save as and create a copy of the document into local folder

Replies

Hi All,

I'm modifying a document and saving those changes to one drive folder. now i want to create a copy of that document into local folder. I want to get it done using AppleScript. I use finder app for creating copy from one folder to another folder if document exists in local folder.

Here is the sample code which creates copy in local folder:

tell application "Finder" to duplicate sourcefile to destinationfolder with replacing

Here the document exists in one-drive folder and i want to create a temporary copy into local folder. Is there anyway to do it via finder app or shell scripts?

Please ignore this question. I found the solution. We can use Save as and create a copy of the document into local folder

Posted 3 years before, but still no any hint, suggestions or solutions. I am facing a similar issues. My request to Apple, as being one of the largest and richest tech company, please put some techies to resolve some common issues related to your (Apple) products or Apple language (AppleScript). Thanks!

No one responded here because the original poster cancelled their request. If you have a specific question, I recommend that you put it in a new thread (like you’ve done here). Feel free to reference this thread if it provides valuable context.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"