Application loader has disappeared.

I don't understant why, Application loader was still there today, it was open. I closed it earlier today, and this evening I open Xcode, it installs component I don't know why and when I look in the menu no more Application Loader in the developper tools...

***???? Where Application loader is gone????????

Accepted Reply

Yes, gone from Xcode.

See https://developer.apple.com/app-store-connect/whats-new/?id=submissionsupdate9-20 9.20.19

Who knows...maybe they'll put it in the store, you know, kind of like bait to get you to go there.

Edit: And there it is, under a new name 'Transporter'...October 15, 2019 View on the Mac App Store

Replies

Yes, gone from Xcode.

See https://developer.apple.com/app-store-connect/whats-new/?id=submissionsupdate9-20 9.20.19

Who knows...maybe they'll put it in the store, you know, kind of like bait to get you to go there.

Edit: And there it is, under a new name 'Transporter'...October 15, 2019 View on the Mac App Store

From that link:

"For details on how to upload your apps to App Store Connect using Xcode, see Xcode Help."

However, there are still conditions that apply.

Might depend on how or if you are tied to iOS 13.x support etc.

See: Supported Xcode and Application Loader Versions

And note that earlier Xcode can be found here: More

You can upload using console command:

xcrun altool --upload-app -f buildfile.pkg -u useraccount -p application_generated_password

you need to generate application password in appleid.apple.com

Hello fikaso,

I knew when reading through the documentation it wouldnt make sense for Apple to abandon the command line tool as the GUI needs to have some programic way of communicating with App Store Connect whether that be the ITMS tool or altool. I havent found another way of uploading IPA files yet, but altool is still included with Xcode 11 and can be found by going to the below path.

/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/SharedFrameworks/ContentDeliveryServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/AppStoreService.framework/Versions/A/Support/altool

The one odd thing that I will point out though is that much of the Apple documentation has not been updated and most likely wont be which I have found to be a common thread amongst Apple support documents where they give just enough information but dont answer exact questions.

The version of altool that is shipping now is version 4.00.1181 which is the same that was shipped with the Xcode 11 Beta versions.

Hopefully this helps!

Seems that Apple Transporter might have replaced it. It's on the Mac App Store, and was only released a week ago.

Note: don't be confused by references to a previous "File Transporter" which was some command line tools available for Windows and Mac.

Apple Transporter from the appstore seems to work similar to the old Application Loader tool. I was able to upload the .ipa file to App Store Connect using Transporter.

BK

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote reply of bkal Down vote reply of bkal