Apple Magic mouse 2 IpadOS

Hi,

Out of curiosity, has anyone been able to pair through Bluetooth the Magic Mouse 2 with IpadOS? So far no success.

Replies

recently if you look in your pointing device in setting, apple fill a drescription to magic mouse and magic trackpad will not use in bluetooth. all in public beta 4. So sad , fury and disappointed if my magic mouse gen 2 will not used on my ipad in ipados13.

Same here, iPad pro 12.9 (2018)... it works with my Microsoft bluetooth mouse right away, but not possible to get the magic mouse 2 connected.

Hoping that Apple will fix it in the final release of the iPadOS. I don't want to buy another Apple mouse... even though a magic mouse 3 with usb c would be an attractive one.

And STILL on beta 6.... no connection between MM2 and ipad pro 3rd gen

same here - Beta 6 still not pairing with MM2

Yes I was able to get the Magic Mouse 2 to work because of the post from Rogee. I've attached his post.

RogeeAug 2, 2019 9:24 AM(

in response to Basilis88)

Borrowing a space here to contribute my findings to those who are having problem connecting their apple magic mouse 2 to their ipad using ipados Beta.

1 Go to Accessibility,

2 Go on to "Switch-Control",

3 further into "Switches",

4you shall see "Bluetooth-devices" (just beneth "Add-new-switch....) and tap on it,

5 turn on you mouse; search and connect....,.,

6 and now go back to "AssistiveTouch' and turn-on this function,

7 do down to "pointer devices" tap on "devices",

8 you will see your mouse being connected and you my customise additional buttons to your preference.

Note:

9 Most information available starts from No. 6 without much information before that (yes most of us lost our hair here-on),

10, if above don't work for you (depending on your previous setting done unknowingly) , you may:

11 start from clause 6,7,8 forllow by 1 to 5.

12, Now for the later comers you guys may have you hair saved!!

Incredible, this worked for me! Now if we can only get scrolling to work?!

Thank’s for Your help it’s work very well for me but i can’t croll with my Magic Mouse, is it normal ?

Thank you so much for sharing, this worked for me too!

This helped me. I was able to quickly add my Magic Mouse (2). The Keyboard was also easy to connect. i would like to point out that the within the bluetooth manager, the Apple devices are labled: "System Administrator's". My fear is that when the actual prod environment comes out that we might loose "Admin" devices???

It worked for me too! Magic Mouse 2 worked! 🙂

Scrolling doesn't though 😟

Anyone find a way to make the touch assistive touch square disappear? I was able to reduce the opacity down to 15% which is the minimum.

It's incredible that Apple doesn't allow Magic Mouse 2 basic features like scrolling...

Finally, I am still using my Microsoft Designer mouse since it has more features/buttons than the Magic Mouse 2.

Apple, please try to fix this issue... I'd be so glad to use my MM2 on my iPad Pro 2018 !

yes I have after watching this video. Check it out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfaSvLm3QqI

Apple, any fix on IpadOS for the Magic Mouse 2 scrolling function?

The official software has been now released... I am still stuck to my Microsoft Designer Mouse... :-(

Any update on this? The non scrolling is driving me crazy!! Hoping there is a fix in the works!!