Xcode 11 Object LIbrary button missing

In Xcode 10, there was a button for the Object Library located left of the "inspector" buttons. After the upgrade to Xcode 11 occurred, this button no logner exists. Where did it go?

Accepted Reply

Have you tried it when you are showing the storyboard editor?

Replies

Hey uncletr, You should be able to access the object library two ways: 1. Click the view tab located on the top in the toolbar, then click libraries. 2. Command-shift-L. This should pop up the object library. You can also do command-shift-M to pop up the audio/music library. Let me know if you need additional help!

Thanks for the response.. I eventually did find the "View/Show LIbrary" option so no worries :>)

I guess it seems odd to me to require developers to perform more steps than before. In Xcode 9 I believe the object library was docked at the bottom-right of the screen so the developer can simply start working with the object library (ie: no clicks required to access). In Xcode 10, the object library could be activated by clicking a button located to the left of the "inspector" buttons (ie: 1 click). Now, in XCode 11, the developer must press "View/Show LIbrary" (two clicks) or "Command-Shift-L" (ie: 3 clicks) to open the object library. It is now more work to open the object library, which seems odd to me since the object library is used often during the design phase. Just my 2 cents though.

Anyway, thanks again for the reply.

Have you tried the [+] button on the title bar of Xcode 11?

If you option-click on the + sign, you'll be able to dock the window, as for XCode 10; with more options (as multi panes…)

I agree, however, those constant changes are disturbing and don't seem, at first sight, to bring a lot of value.

• How do you dock the window after clicking '+' in Xcode 13?

Add a Comment

It seems the [+] button provides access to Snippets, Media and Color. I do not see Object Library access provided here

Have you tried it when you are showing the storyboard editor?

>>Have you tried it when you are showing the storyboard editor?

I thought I did so before, but was clearly mistaken. Clicking the [+] sign when the storyboard is being displayed does display the Object Library now. Perhaps this was an issue which was corrected due to me performing a Clear Build option earlier, for some other issue I reported in the forum. Or perhaps I simlpy made a goofy mistake.

Anyway, thanks for pointing it out to me !

Thanks for reporting. My dev environment is sort of an old one and have updated so many times that I could not be sure if that works the same in your environment.

Anyway, changing the most frequently used UI every year is sort of irritating for me. You can write a bug report/feature request through the Apple's bug reporter.

Thank you, I was having a hard time locating it after the upgrade.

@Claude31 How do you dock the window after clicking '+' in Xcode 13?

In Xcode 13, it is the "+" in the toolbar

first open the canvas and click the "+" and it works