Compiling problem after XCode 11 update

Hello,

when I try to compile my OS X Apps that work like a charm with XCode 10 I get an error about Automatic Reference Counting with MailCore 2 framework: searching for _objc_loadClassref also if I disabled ARC.

That's a bit frustrating and I can't find any known issue...

Replies

here's the error:

Undefined symbols for architecture x86_64:

"_objc_loadClassref", referenced from:

__ARCLite__load() in libarclite_macosx.a(arclite.o)

ld: symbol(s) not found for architecture x86_64

I ran into this same issue, although in my case the app is already not using ARC. I added the following to the "Other Liinker Flags" setting:

-Xlinker -U -Xlinker _objc_loadClassref

I'm not sure this is a proper fix, but at least it gets the link to succeed and does not seem to cause any issues during run time. I'm using this just so I can get some work done, not necessarily as a final fix. I fear that leaving this in place might break the app on older OSs.

Anyway, maybe this can get you back to a working build, at least until someone from Apple gives you a better answer...

Hi Kurash, thanks for your reply,

I've already added these lines to the "Other Linker Flags" without success in this case.

I've solved this issue by set the minimum target OS as 10.11 but with XCode 10 I were able to compile for 10.8 without problems.

It's slightly odd...

Setting my deployment target (minimum) iOS version to 9 (up from 8) alleviates the problem for me. Even my iPhone 4 supports 9, so this seems reasonable. I'm using Xcode 11.2.1.