Building with Xcode 11 GM Seed 2 hangs

My project build just hangs at seemingly Random places. Usually while building pods. I notice two "swift" processes that are active, but the status increments but then at some point hangs saying "Building X of Y tasks". It's not consistent where it hangs. If I force quite the swift process occassionally the build will continue a bit farther but then hang again, but usually if I force quit one of the "swift" process Xcode will stop the build and indicate something like Build Failed.

Replies

Not that devForums is the right place for pods support, but have you used Xcode's Product menu to 'clean build folder'?

@neilfromcharlotte, Do you get any solution for this?

Same thing happens with me. For me, it happens at Pod compilation only.. It looks like, there is some problem with pods.

Hi I wanted to report back here. We found the root cause of this issue. It looks to be a particular pod we are using called SwiftSoup. We had no issues with this pod with Xcode 10.3, and the behavior in Xcode 10 (GM Seed 2) of just silently hanging, certainly made this tricky to isolate. The problem is not just the inclusion of the pod though as I had built a dummy project that included the pod (but made no reference to it), and that built.

But in any event, wanted to let folks know that may have read this and had similar experience.