Unable to delete iCloud Drive (Archive) [Beta 3]

If you turn iCloud Drive off the files will be saved to this archive directory. However, when attempting to delete this it says "The operation can’t be completed because the item “iCloud Drive (Archive)” is in use". Anyone else expericing this? Terminal rm -rf doesn't seem to be working either.

Replies

Good news everyone! I solved the issue. You're going to want to boot in to Recovery mode to fix this one. Not sure why the file is being locked when you're logged in, but roughly follow these steps to resolve:

Launch Terminal in Recovery.

diskutil apfs unlock "Macintosh HD - Data"

cd /

Then you'll want to cd in to Volumes then Macintosh HD - Data, and progress until you get to your User folder which includes this Archive. You can then remove the directory using rm. Perform this at your own risk! Make sure you know your way around Terminal. I'm sure Apple will fix this soon.

I actually discovered a simple way to get rid of that pesky folder. Easy peasy.

Select the folder and zip/compress it. This will actualy work. 🙂

Move the zipped archive to your desktop and unzip it. Drag the newly unzipped folder back where it origianlly came from. You'll be asked (as usual) if you wish to replace a folder with the same name. That is what you want to do.

Now you will be able to delete the iCloud archive and its contents.