codesign succeeds but codesign --verify fails

codesign of .app file succeeds on Mavericks, But when codesign --verify is run I get CSSMERR_TP_NOT_TRUSTED error on the same system. When codesign is run again it says already signed, But when codesign -dv is run, Authority, Team Identifier is not set. The certificate is valid and signed by Apple. I tried importing this certificate on different machine and it works perfectly fine. I checked intermediate certificates and all are present and certificate shows with green check mark on keychain access. Tried cleaning up keychain and reimporting with no luck. A different Certificate which was working on a different system when imported in this particular system fails. So not sure where the issue is?. I am suspecting keychain, Is there a way to get keychain to fresh install state?. Any help appriciated.

Thanks

Preetham

Replies

Hello wpreetham,

It sounds like you might have done this already, but before working on your Keychain in a more aggressive mannaer which can cause more harm than intended, have you followed the steps outlined by Apple in the below article?

How do I resolve the CodeSign error: CSSMERR_TP_NOT_TRUSTED?

Hiopefully this helps!