Do offloaded apps count as app deletions in App Store Connect?

In recent months, App Store Connect has started to report on app deletions. I have an app that is seasonal, and I noticed that I have a lot of deletions recently, usually spiking on Sundays. The number of deletions seemed odd to me, and the spikes seemed especially odd. Then it occurred to me that this might be as a result of iOS offloading apps that have not been used for a long time. Can anyone tell me - is the the case? Do the stats for app deletions include offloads? And also, does anyone know after about how long of a period of not using an app is it offloaded? Eg. 3/6/9 months?

Accepted Reply

>Do offloaded apps count as app deletions

Appears so, yes. I see no evidence there is a time factor, tho.

From ASC Help / Metrics:

"Deletions: The number of times your app was deleted on devices running iOS 12.3 or tvOS 9 or later by users who agree to share their data with you. This data includes deletions of the app from the Home Screen and deletions of the app through Manage Storage. Data from resetting or erasing a device's content and settings is not included."

Replies

>Do offloaded apps count as app deletions

Appears so, yes. I see no evidence there is a time factor, tho.

From ASC Help / Metrics:

"Deletions: The number of times your app was deleted on devices running iOS 12.3 or tvOS 9 or later by users who agree to share their data with you. This data includes deletions of the app from the Home Screen and deletions of the app through Manage Storage. Data from resetting or erasing a device's content and settings is not included."

We also see a sharp increase in App Deletions recently, it started exactly with the release of iOS 13(.1). Does anybody else see that?

Same here. We have a huge spike of deletions in the last month. Would be good to have an official answer from Apple.

I see the same. We had huge spike around 9/30/19.

Great question. Also seeing a rise in deletions since iOS 13. Any official info about this situation from Apple?