Move auto-renewable subscriptions product to another group

Now, I have 2 group of auto renew subscription

Group G1

- p1_yearly

- p2_monthly

Group G2

- q1_yearly

- q2_monthly

Now this 2 group with 4 products is ready and had user subscribes.

Last week, I update the app, push an app to store and I got rejected. about to re-group our product to the same group.

"To resolve this issue, please revise your auto-renewable subscriptions to offer the different subscription products within the same group."

Our business model don't allow user to downgrade ( that why I separate the group ) But I don't have a choice, So I need to re-group the product to the same group.

But after I go to in app payment -> group manager I cannot find the way to re-group

The question is How can I move the product to the same group ?

Like this

Group G1

- p1_yearly

- p2_monthly

- q1_yearly

- q2_monthly

And delete Group G2.

Accepted Reply

I woud contact App Store Connect and ask this question. However, I don't think that this is possible. If this is the case, one suggestion is to that you may need to revise the app to have Group 2 subscribers no longer be able to renew their subscriptions - create the new items in group1 and advise current group 2 subscribers to buy into the new subscriptions when their current subsriptions end. The app can detect when the G2 subscriptions are about to end and alert the user.

Maybe others on this forum can think of alternative solutions.

rich kubota - rkubota@apple.com

developer technical support CoreOS/Hardware/MFI

Replies

I woud contact App Store Connect and ask this question. However, I don't think that this is possible. If this is the case, one suggestion is to that you may need to revise the app to have Group 2 subscribers no longer be able to renew their subscriptions - create the new items in group1 and advise current group 2 subscribers to buy into the new subscriptions when their current subsriptions end. The app can detect when the G2 subscriptions are about to end and alert the user.

Maybe others on this forum can think of alternative solutions.

rich kubota - rkubota@apple.com

developer technical support CoreOS/Hardware/MFI

Thank you for your reply.

I'm sending the question to the app store connect. If I can solve this problem I will update again.

Could you create two new subscriptions, add them to one of the two groups, say G1, and then ask people in G2 to switch to the equivalent subscription in G1?

Almost a month with this version. So now I know like Mr. rich and Mr. PBK said we can not move product between the group.

That mean I need to create new product into the group G1, and swich all ui to the new product then push the app again.

Hi,

We have encountered a problem where individual users throw errors when using our games for in-app purchases. [There is no information about in-app purchases. Please try again later. 21199]

Look at the code and find that the user came to the method when they first purchased it.

- (void)paymentQueue:(SKPaymentQueue *)queue updatedTransactions:(NSArray *)transactions returns SKPaymentTransactionStateFailed, but the user has actually paid, and then the user can't make a purchase, the purchase will pop up [no in-app purchase) Related information. Please try again later. 21199] This tip.

We found that the user can buy it normally under the iOS13 version, and after the upgrade to 13.1 on September 24th, the purchase was unsuccessful.

Please help check the reason, thank you.

--

Onion