Final Cut Pro X is crashed

I just upgraded to beta 8 and FCPX is crashed whenever I open the app. I tested with empty library but it's same. Reinstalling the app isn't work. Here is the head of crash log. Anybody had same issue?

```

Process: Final Cut Pro [856]

Path: /Applications/Final Cut Pro.app/Contents/MacOS/Final Cut Pro

Identifier: com.apple.FinalCut

Version: 10.4.6 (342230)

Build Info: ProEditor-34223000026000000~1

App Item ID: 424389933

App External ID: 830604740

Code Type: X86-64 (Native)

Parent Process: ??? [1]

Responsible: Final Cut Pro [856]

User ID: 501

Date/Time: 2019-09-10 23:54:02.254 -0700

OS Version: Mac OS X 10.15 (19A558d)

Report Version: 12

Bridge OS Version: 4.0 (17P50553c)

Anonymous UUID: F51328D8-177B-E31D-09AA-85094C0CFB4E

Sleep/Wake UUID: C3595477-D6FA-414D-A052-5DCCF7E324DE

Time Awake Since Boot: 810 seconds

Time Since Wake: 590 seconds

System Integrity Protection: enabled

Crashed Thread: 0 Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

Exception Type: EXC_CRASH (SIGABRT)

Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000

Exception Note: EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

Termination Reason: LIBSYSTEM, [0x2]

ID Vend/Dev

9d9e 687f1002

Seconds Ago ID Type

1300.0 9d9e Attach

Application Specific Information:

assertion failure: "((void *)0) == tsd->NSCurrentOpenGLContext" -> %lld

—˙ÿíˇˇ

```

Accepted Reply

Its Monday, beta 9 out... just like I thought!! Hope it fixes FCPX, still downloading...

Update working for me.

Replies

Same issue here

iit's safe to say that this is a major blocker bug...

I havent got any updates and when I contacted the "Pro Team" they didnt know anything about this.

I installed the previous beta from last week and everything worked until... all of a sudden it didnt. FCPX started doing the same thing again so I figured maybe that was because a patch was downloaded to fix the latest update (which is now screwing up the old one) so I updated to the latest CVatalina and it's crashing. Incidentally, it's worse than ever because it literally flashes on the screen and doesn't open for even a second.

I've uninstalled FCPX and mInstaller and I'm going to reinstall them - which might do something.

I swtiched to Mac this year and I'm having a lot of disappointment, especially in the lack of support. Nobody knows anything and i have yet to have someone say, "yup, we've had calls about that problem all day, here's how to fix it!"

Instead, it's nobody knowing anything about anything. In 9 months, I know more about the OS then people I've called to help me.

MacBook 2019 - the 6k one so it ain't the hardware.

APPLE - as an idea and what it promises is really cool; it's just nowhere near what it should be.

I hope that with all of the new OSs and being that i came into the Apple family at this transitioning time; i hope that all the kinks get worked out in the next month.

With this problem and others, I have missed deadlines - and I am NOT being dramatic either...

...okay, a little dramatic.

Get it together, Apple!!

Chris

- the complaining dude with the iPhone 11 already on his mind.

PS - I'll update everyone on my reinstall.

Have same issue with Final Cut Pro and Motion on the newest developer beta. I have sent a bug report with the crash log and suggest everyone here does the same.

I don't think that this Bug is related to the fact that the future Development of OpenGL is depreached.

Apple currently has with Garageband, FCPX ... many Applications on the Run which are using OpenGL-Functions for rendering and has already not moved them forward to use Metal. It makes no sense that Apple make OpenGL not working if in the same time Applications from Apple themselve are published which are not usable in Catalina and there are no alternatives.

I hope the developers can fix this issue before GM eventually in the next beta.

This error >>assertion failure: "((void *)0) == tsd->NSCurrentOpenGLContext"<< occurs in

Final Cut Pro X (as seen above)

iMovie

Garageband

VLC, Enpass (QT-Related)

I think there are a lot more Applications with this issue. I hope this will fixed with the next Beta.

Using Feedback Assistant, I've just filed radar FB7276584, with attached crash reports and a sample project that reliably crashes on Catalina beta 8, but is stable with previous versions.

I just submitted the issue through the feedback assistant: https://feedbackassistant.apple.com/

to my surprise I get a notification saying:

Recent Similar Reports: None

Resolution: Open

How about sending the issue, the more of you that send it the more likely it is to be resolved.

🙂

That would be very useful.

It also helps to specify in the radar bug report that there ore others reports already submitted for the same issue: mine was FB7276584 and I'm also aware of FB7281945.

And yet another. Pro Video will not update either, and now I discover that iMovie suffers from the same problem, so even a simple job can't be done. I don't have a computer in the house that I can go back to Mojave on. Apple customers ask us to help, we try and get this kind of a problem. Oh well, can't say we were not warned. Hopefully in October good things will happen, if not before. I feel sorry for those that depend on this for a living.

My report is FB7283002, I am lucky that I have another Mac I can work on but it is older and slower than my 5K iMac.

My report is FB7253859, I am now back to using mac mini 2012 vintage, 16Gb plus fusion drive until this is fixed!

I was able to roll back to Mojave, using the internet recovery system.

My report is FB7265136.

When I went back and looked it also said, "Similar Reports: None"

That's a little frustrating.

For those keeping score, current report #'s for your convenience are:

FB7253859

FB7283002

FB7265136

FB7281945

FB7276584