Is there a way for smart keyboard to work at the same time as Assistive touch mouse support?

As soon as Assistive Touch is enabled, the Apple Smart Keyboard seems to go out to lunch. I am curious if anyone has seen this same behavior? I have tested with External Bluetooth keyboards as well. I am just wondering if this is a known bug in beta 3 of IpadOS 13.

Replies

I have the same issue some if the keys doesn’t respond or doing some weird actions is that a bug or intentionally by Apple?

I have the same problem.

With assistive touch enabled, some keys in th middle of the apple smart keyboard do not respond. I have not been able to resolve this issue by restarting ipad pro 2018 and by other means.

Same issue here. The same happens on both the 10.5 and 12.9 iPad Pro when a keyboard is connected via the smart connector. However, when using a bluetooth keyboard everything works as expected. I reported it as a bug.

I too am having this issue, very frustrating! I assume it is on a list to be fixed.....

One has to disable the option Mouse Keys in Pointer devices and all the Smart Keyboard keys work when the assistive touch is enabled.

Still having this same problem with iPadOS 13.1 beta 4, very frustrating because I can't use the mouse alongside the smartfolio keyboard; I'm amazed it still hasn't been fixed

This worked for me. Thanks!

At first I thought I bought a faulty keyboard and got myself a second one only to realize they both have the same issues!

I tried your suggestion and it worked! Thank you so much! It was driving me insane for the past 3 days

Thank you! I finally got my dream setup with keyboard and mouse and thought it wouldn't work before seeing your answer!

Turning off full keyboard access worked for me
I’m turning off my assistive button completely and my Logitech Combo Touch stops acting weirdly. I’m on iPadOS 14.3, iPad 10.2 Gen 8.
Have the same problem on iPad 8 and Logitech combo touch keyboard. Assistive touch and full keyboard access not working. IPadOS 14,3.
I’m having the same issue.
When assistive touch enabled, the keyboard is working but the touch pad is not.