IOS 13.1 CarPlay music issue

When playing music from personal library on IOS 13.1, selection of playlists does not work. Nothing happens when selecting a playlist. This feature worked in IOS 13 but not in 13.1. Car model is Honda Accord 2018 and connection is USB.

Replies

I'm having the same issue. 2019 Dodge Challenger with a Uconnect 8.4" infotainment system. My connection is also USB.

I have exactly the same problem I have a Pioneer AVH-Z9200DAB head unit and I am connected wirelessly

iOS 13.1 Beta 3 resolves the issue.

I’m still have CarPlay playlist issue with iOS 13.1 2. If I select a playlist nothing happens. If it was fixed it is broke again in iOS version 13.1. 2 public beta. .

I have a Dodge Challenger with uConnect 8.4 and am having similar issues.

I use Google Play for my music... when I start the app I get a loading screen but it never finishes loading. If I open the app on my phone I sometimes see the menu up on the car screen, but when I press anything it either does nothing or does the loading thing again. I can use the phone itself to control what's playing but that kinda defeats the purpose.

What's weird is that for about an hour today it started working - and worked really well - but then stopped again, and I haven't been able to get it back again. Tried rebooting the phone a couple of times. Tried a different cable but no luck; and everything worked just fine before the update to 13.1

Apple Music is pretty much the same... I can always see the albums and songs on the car screen, but pressing them does nothing. I have to use the phone if I want to play anything.

The other apps seem to be working okay... maps, phone, and messages all seem fine. Unfortunately music is the main reason I have the thing connected to my car in the first place 😟

Just some additional information... updated to 13.1.2 and if anything it's worse. Same problems exist as before... Apple music does not work at all - cannot play music through car interface or phone interface.

Google Music about half the time can be played only through phone interface - on the car it just shows "Loading..." or nothing at all. Occasionally the interface will load and you can navigate via the car and it seems perfectly normal. The new problem since 13.1.2 is that occasionally the sound will just stop - the song will still be visibly playing but no sound. Each time this has happened, rebooting the phone seems to be the only way to clear it up.

All of this is definitely related to the OS - the phone worked perfectly before 13 was installed. And if it were simply a matter of 13 being incompatible with my car players OS I wouldn't expect it to work at all. It seems fairly random when and how it decides to work.

Honestly at this point I am considering going back to 12 because at least that worked.

<body><p>I am having the same issues...seems to work only about half the time. No rhyme or reason as to why.</p></body>

I am have asimilar issue with Playlists being greyed out using Chrysler UConnect. Some things are accessible like individual songs, but not the Artists, Albums or Playlists. Basically Carplay is greying out the Playlists, Albums and Songs.

One work around is to ask Siri to play the song or album for you.

Youtube Music does work for me a bit better.

So I tested this again after activating an Apple Music subscription. I received a message stating Cellular Data was off when I asked Siri to play Christmas Music. So now that I have the Apple Music Subscription I got options to enable Streaming, High Quality Streaming and Downloads under Apple Music Settings. Settings ->Music ->Cellular Data. It seems like CarPlay wants to use the internet to fetch Album info. Since there is no subscription, there is no internet connection for Apple Music. So unfortunately it seems like an Apple Music subscription is needed to make playlist accessible in Car Play. It would be good if this bug were fixed so non-Apple Music users could get to their music.