clang: error: clang frontend command failed with exit code 70 (use -v to see invocation)

Hi Team,

I am facing the below clang error when I am trying to run the source in Xcode 10.2.1.

I have updated the macOS Mojove (10.14.5), since Xcode 10.2.1 requires this os version.

After updating the OS, now in both Xcode 10.1 and Xcode 10.2.1 I am facing the below error

NOTE: The same source was working in XCode 10.1 High Sierra OS.

Could you please help me to sort out this

fatal error: error in backend: Unexpected end of file

clang: error: clang frontend command failed with exit code 70 (use -v to see invocation)

Apple LLVM version 10.0.1 (clang-1001.0.46.4)

Target: x86_64-apple-darwin18.6.0-simulator

Thread model: posix

InstalledDir: /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin

clang: note: diagnostic msg: PLEASE submit a bug report to http://developer.apple.com/bugreporter/ and include the crash backtrace, preprocessed source, and associated run script.

clang: note: diagnostic msg:

PLEASE ATTACH THE FOLLOWING FILES TO THE BUG REPORT:

Preprocessed source(s) and associated run script(s) are located at:

clang: note: diagnostic msg: /var/folders/z9/j3qk7vt11t7g92lgqgkjhryjx64fy8/T/FIRAppAssociationRegistration-c30583.m

clang: note: diagnostic msg: /var/folders/z9/j3qk7vt11t7g92lgqgkjhryjx64fy8/T/FIRAppAssociationRegistration-c30583.cache

clang: note: diagnostic msg: /var/folders/z9/j3qk7vt11t7g92lgqgkjhryjx64fy8/T/FIRAppAssociationRegistration-c30583.sh

clang: note: diagnostic msg: Crash backtrace is located in

clang: note: diagnostic msg: /Users/719428/Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports/clang_<YYYY-MM-DD-HHMMSS>_<hostname>.crash

clang: note: diagnostic msg: (choose the .crash file that corresponds to your crash)

clang: note: diagnostic msg:

Replies

also facing this issue, all through Xcode 11 beta and now with the Xcode 11 GM . i've opened a Feedback Report on it, and have entered at least 6 different example files that i've encountered. these are flaky, because most compiles they don't happen. but they really mess with our CI merge queue.

+1 -- I'm experiencing this same issue with a React-Native iOS app built/bundled using Bitrise as the CI/CD pipeline. The Bitrise VM is running Xcode 10.2.x, on macOS 10.14 (Mojave) and xcode-archive@2.6.0.

▸ Compiling RCTTouchHandler.m

▸ Compiling RCTTouchEvent.m

▸ Compiling RCTTiming.m

❌ fatal error: error in backend: Unexpected end of file

❌ clang: error: clang frontend command failed with exit code 70 (use -v to see invocation)

▸ Compiling RCTSwitchManager.m

Any help would be a huge help!