watchOS 6GM will not install???

Series 4 on build 17R575, the GM is showing online as 17R6575 however the watch and my iphone both show the watch is "up to date"

Accepted Reply

Seems it was a typo on the Beta Software download site. Apple since then has corrected the version number of the watchOS 6 GM Seed to Build 17R575. So you should be up to date with your Series 4 watch.

Replies

Seems it was a typo on the Beta Software download site. Apple since then has corrected the version number of the watchOS 6 GM Seed to Build 17R575. So you should be up to date with your Series 4 watch.

Software Update says "Apple Watch is up to date" for me. I have the latest profile installed on the watch, and have tried the update from the watch's settings and the iPhone Watch app's settings, and both get that result. It is currently running 17R5575a. What's the trick to getting it installed this time?

The same is happening with me. I have a Series 2 with latest watchOS 5.3.1 version installed. I downloaded the profile with my iPhone (running iOS 13.1 beta), installed it, but it never asks the watch to restart as it is supposed to happen according to instructions.

I go to General - Software Update, it searches for updates and says "watch OS 5.3.1 Your software is up to date." .

I wonder what I am doing wrong.

I just noticed this:

** watchOS 6 will be available for Apple Watch Series 1 and Apple Watch Series 2 later this fall.

in the notes at the bottom of this page: https://www.apple.com/watchos/watchos-6/

I suspect that explains why the GM doesn't update on my Series 2 watch right now. I wonder when "later this fall" is?

This is the same issue I have. Series 2, with 5.3.1 watchos. I install the profile, it doen't ask for a reboot, but I manually reboot the watch. Then I check for update and it tells me 5.3.1 is the latest...

WatchOS 6 GM release notes has a warning

Warning

You must update your watch to watchOS 6 beta 2 or later before updating to iOS 13 beta 7 or later, otherwise your watch will no longer be able to connect to your phone. (52854192)

https://developer.apple.com/documentation/watchos_release_notes/watchos_6_release_notes