Update Apple ID Settings - 10.15 Beta

Just updated to macOS Catalina 10.15 Beta (19A487I) on a MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2017). System Preferences has a red circle with a white number 1.

Upon opening System Preferences, my Apple IDs are showing (one for my regular account, one for purchases) as logged in.

Overview is selected on the left. On the right, a yellow triangle appears containing a white exclamation point. The text says: Update Apple ID Settings, followed by: Some account services require you to sign in again. Next to that is a Continue button.

When I press the Continue button, a pop-up window appears with the exact same text and another Continue button. Pressing the pop-up's Continue button just closes the pop-up window.

I've tried logging out and back in for both accounts.

I logged out of both accounts, restarted my MacBook, then logged back into the accounts.

I logged into the appropriate accounts for the App Store, Books, Podcasts, and Apple TV.

Still, the red circle and yellow triangle.

What am I missing??? Thanks in advance for any help...

Replies

Same here. It goes away, but will periodicily ask for it again. Link is of no help0, just purs me in a loop. Drop down for managing itune account (I use a different email address) takes me back to Apple ID. At least it better than first beta which would never clear.

SOLVED: You have to login again in MUSIC, PODCASTS and TV, in order to access the "MEDIA & PURCHASES" menu item.

This did not help me. The advice at the bottom of the page DID help, however.

1. Open up Podcast, Music, TV.
  2. Press OK to open up the app for the first time, and move your data from iTunes to the respective applications.
  3. Bring up System Preferences
  4. Click Apple ID
  5. Attempt to Log Back into Apple ID
  6. Follow instructions and submit related passwords.

This should get you logged in successfully without having additional issues.

Same here. Still a problem on Beta 8.

But all services work.