How to handle .app files in imported UTIs, with iOS 13 / Xcode 11.0

Hi,

I'm migrating one app from iOS 12 to iOS 13 for testing, and I just noticed that in iOS 13 I'm not able anymore to import files with the extension ".app" inside the app (in my context .app files are just binary files). The app is not showing up when you try to "consume" one .app file from the Files app in the device, for example, whereas with iOS 12 it showed up.

In iOS 12, in Xcode, under imported UTIs, I used to configure just the following:

identifier: com.domain.app

conforms to: public.data

UTTypeTagespecitication:

Item 0 -> app

Item 1 -> APP

With iOS 13 I've tried more or less everything (defining a document type, using apple.com.application, apple.com.package, apple.com.bundle, but nothing worked.

Could you please suggest me the correct configuration for the Imported UTIs, while using iOS 13 and the new Xcode 11.0 (at the moment I'm using Beta 5).

Thanks a lot,

Salva

Replies

Since nobody seem to have encountered the same issue with iOS 13, I'll try to re-formulate the question.

Regardless of the iOS version, how would you handle the Xcode configuration in order be be able to import .app files in the app?

(I mean the setting in the Document Types and in the Imported Type UTIs in the Info.plist / target settings)

have you found any solution? i facing the same problem.

Unfortunately I haven't found any solution yet.
I've even asked this on StackOverflow, but at the moment any answer yet.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/57868571/how-to-configure-app-files-in-the-utis-section-with-xcode-11

What about you? Did you find anything yet?