WKInterfaceController.becomeCurrentPage() not working in watchOS beta 6

Is anyone else having issues with becomeCurrentPage()? I've reported the issue with Feedback Assistant, but I'm looking for a workaround.

I have a Page Based Navigation interface with 3 pages (Custom Controller, Customer Controller, Now Playing Controller). The first page has buttons to control the workout (like the apple workout app). The second page is the state of the current workout. When a button is pressed on the first page (pause/resume/cancel), a notification is sent to the second page. The second page calls the becomeCurrentPage() method. This has always worked, but in watchOS 6 the willActivate() method on the second page is called, but the didAppear() method is not called. The second page is showing, but the page dots is still on the first page.

Replies

I am seeing the same issue. becomeCurrentPage was working properly before watchOS6. The only thing I can add to the above poster is my issue is occuring in a page based interface that is presented with presentControllerWithNames

getting the same problem, have you find the solution?

Become current page is working better with the latest betas, but I'm still having occasional issues. Even when just swiping between pages while a workout session is running will sometimes how a blank page. Swiping back and forth a few times fixes the issue. Very frustrating...

I'm encountering the same problem... I have 3 page controllers similar to the native Workout app. At times when swipping between them, I get a blank page (although you can still see the page dots at the bottom). It's happening on device (watchOS 6.0) (17R575) and even on the simulator running Xcode 11 GM (seed 2).

I haven't found a workaround.

The 'swiping back and forth and getting a blank page' issue is fixed on wathcOS 6.1 beta (17S5054e). Woohoo!! 🙂

I'm having this same issue on xcode 11.3. Was anyone able to find a solution to the issue?