Xcode 9.1 & 9.2 crash on startup from a damaged(?) file

I have downloaded and installed Xcode in the past and I didn't have any problems with it until I uninstalled it, came back a few months or so later, and reinstalled it today.

I redownloaded and reinstalled Xcode 9.2 but that always crashes on startup. There is a crash but I'll simplify what it says.
The file xcode/Xcode.app/Contents/PlugIns/IDEInterfaceBuilderCocoaTouchIntegration.framework is missing

System Integrity Protection: enabled

Crashed Thread:        0  Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

Exception Type:        EXC_CRASH (SIGABRT)
Exception Codes:       0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000
Exception Note:        EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

Application Specific Information:
ProductBuildVersion: 9B55

OS Version:            Mac OS X 10.12.6
Report Version:        12

I have downloaded XCode 9.2 & 9.1 from https://developer.apple.com/download/more/

I'm not sure why when I open up the .xip file, XCode is created without the .framework file. It was fine when I downloaded it in the past, perhaps I got rid of the wrong files when I attempted to uninstall XCode 9.2, forgot the directories for what I deleted though, I remember I deleted ~/library/Developer/
Should I try using Xcode for 10.13.6 on 10.12.6 and edit one of the files so it takes in macOS 10.12.6 instead of 13?

Replies

I just realized that the actual damaged file is
/xcode/Xcode.app/Contents/PlugIns/IDEInterfaceBuilderCocoaTouchIntegration.framework/IDEInterfaceBuilderCocoaTouchIntegration
or the IDEInterfaceBuilderCocoaTouchIntegration under the IDEInterfaceBuilderCocoaTouchIntegration.framework file.

I went to go check and yes, the .framework file is existent and so is the IDEInterfaceBuilderCocoaTouchIntegration file which is an alias file. So I'm concluding that the file could be damaged. Won't bother to try on XCode 9 because that'll take too much time out of my day downloading and unzipping 5 gb files.
UPDATE
According to console, it says the library
/Library/Developer/PrivateFrameworks/CoreSimulator.framework/Versions/A/CoreSimulator

is not loaded. I checked xcode and directory doesn't exist, i inputted it into finder, doesn't exist, and I tried ~/Library/Developer/PrivateFrameworks/CoreSimulator.framework/Versions/A/CoreSimulator

as well and got nothing.

Have you installed both XCode 9.1 and 9.2 ?

You should have asked for an update of your existing version.

First, did you try restarting the Mac ?

If not enough, you should uninstall all old XCode versions then install the latest 10.3.

I am currently experimenting with Xcode 9.2, but I still have both xip files of 9.1 and 9.2 as well.

??

I just restarted and the problem persists
Do you mean I should upgrade to Mojave and install XCode 10.3? Unless if you mean XCode 9.3 that is only for High Sierra+

xcode xip are not a peoblem. What could be a problem is to have installed 9.2 then installed 9.1, creating a mess in some files.

Yes, idea would be to upgrade to Mojave (anyway, you'll have to do it sooner or later), then install a clean 10.3.

I found another idea, what would happen if I reinstalled the OS?

Reinstall ? Or upgrade to Mojave (I recommend the second).

If you have an idea without changing the OS, just try it first. What is it ?

Here is my list of ideas
Reinstall Sierra - Could fix, haven't tried. Kinda scared my files will be deleted when reinstalled.
Download Command Line Tools - Didn't fix, tried. It installed commandlinetools under /library/developer/

Find other tools under the downloads/more

I have the same problem, and am getting the exact same error message. I prefer to stick with Sierra 10.12.6, for a variety of reasons. So, I figured I'd download and reinstall XCode 9.2, which is the version that is best calibrated to my computer's operating system.

However, when I download Xcode_9.2.xip, I can't even open it: ArchiveUtility informs me that it is not an Apple product (note: I downloaded it from the Apple Developer "more downloads" site). I am stymied.

I am using a MacBook Pro, 9,1. 2.6 GHz Intel Core i7, 1TB Solid State hard drive, 16GB RAM.

All ideas will be greatly appreciated.

>: ArchiveUtility informs me that it is not an Apple product

It is apparently an expired Apple certificate issue. Might try resetting the date on your mac to before Oct. 24, 2019, long enough to try unpacking/installing again.

Still no joy, you may want to start your own thread so you can better track, close if solved, etc.

Good luck.