Sidecar requires a newer version of MacOS - Since Beta7

Since upgrading my Macbook Pro 2016 to Beta 7 (Build 19A546d) and my iPad to iPadOS 13.1 Beta 2 (Build 17A5831c) I get the above message when trying to launch Sidecar. There isn't a newer version of MacOS I can update to.

Accepted Reply

Hi,

It is marked in Release Notes of iPadOS

Sidecar

Known Issues

If you update to iPadOS 13.1 beta 2, you will be unable to use Sidecar until a future version of macOS Catalina beta is released. (54903543)

Replies

I'm having the same issue.

Hi,

It is marked in Release Notes of iPadOS

Sidecar

Known Issues

If you update to iPadOS 13.1 beta 2, you will be unable to use Sidecar until a future version of macOS Catalina beta is released. (54903543)

Just a guess (albeit, I believe, a good one) that iPadOS 13.1 b2/Sidecar is now tested against internal builds of the next Catalina release (whether it's called DP8, Release Candidate 1 or whatever.) So we just have to wait a bit. I recall an Xcode 11 beta that also came out just before its fully-compatible OS.

Same here.

Having exactly the same issue.

MacbookPro 2018 with 6th Gen iPad.

Frustrating. Hopefully this is ironed out before live launch of new OS/iOs

Im having the same issue with macOS beta (19A546d) and iPad OS beta (17A5831c). I've been getting this error for a couple months now, even on many different beta versions

Same issue

same issue,2018 macbook pro and 10.5 inch ipad pro with ios13B2

Thanks, I hadn't spotted that. Seems odd to release an update that purposefully breaks a feature like that.

Hopefully the new Catlina update is out today so this can work again.