Mac In-App Purchase 'Machine licensed app does not support in-app purchase'

In the last 2 days there seems to be a mjor bug with the Mac App Store.

Users trying to purchase an in app auto renewing subscription are getting the following error:

This is an App Store error and there is nothing wrong with the users accounts.

The only way the user can fix it is by deleting the app and re-downloading it again from the App Store.

Replies

Ah! I've had a couple of users report this. I just did an app update, thinking it was something I broke with the provisioning, but the update still has the issue for those users. I'm glad it wasn't just me.

Thanks for the workaround; I'll get them to try that.

Hopefully this will be fixed soon.

I'm glad it's not just me. Phew!

Can you please file a bug report to Apple?

The more they get, the more chance they'll notice.

I filed FB7208994 yesterday. Got another customer reporting this issue just now. I hope they fix it soon, it's costing me income!

I filed FB7204569 2 days ago and it said they'd had more than 10 similar reports, so you'd think it would be high priority :/

After speaking with developer support, they've told me they've fixed it twice by pushing my In App Purchases to the App Store again, but both times I still keep getting these errors 😟

I have also had several users report this. I have been offering them free trials for a specific period, as compensation, but it is costing money. I hope it is resolved soon.

Please submit a bug report.

I have been talking with a Senior Advisor with Apple Developer Support and emailing her pretty much daily with details of users Apple IDs that have had the issue.

She messaged me back today saying that their technical team say that from investigating the error this appears to be an issue specific to the users' Apple IDs.

Which surely is complete nonsence. Far too many are having this issue for it to be an Apple ID issue.

The error suggests it's the Apple ID, but the nature of the error suggests otherwise.

Deleting and reinstalling fixes the issue.

I don't know where to go from here, as I fear the Advisor is satisfied with the technical teams finding :/

I too have had the same issue in the last 2-3 days. I will report it. FB7309766

My filed bug FB7309766 today.

I'm dealing with the exactly same issue.

Anyone surpass that ?

For what it's worth, I just had a user report this as well, so it must still be ongoing.

I’ve been having same problem since ios14 update...