Issues with Catalina

I have installed Macos Catalina beta version. I know it is in beta version and it is not stable yet but it seems that the problems a bit annoying as it slowing down my day to day works. Below are my issues:

1) icloud drive (in Finder/Sidecard) couldn't connect to the iCloud (not responding), thus I can't access to all my contents in iCloud

2) some of the softwares crash or not responding eg. Quicktime, Preview even microsoft office (if heavy usage)

3) And now, I couldn't update the latest verion of Catalina Beta (10.15). The instruction to update still appear in the notification eventhough I have downloaded, updated and installed. It seems that nothing happened.

Any advise to overcome the above issues?

Thank you

Replies

I had a similar problem today. I launched Activity Monitor and saw that kernel_task was tieing up the CPU. I searched for a solution and found that people have had this problem in earlier versions of MacOS, such as Maverick. None of the suggested solutions seemed relevant. However, I double clicked on kernel_task in Activity Monitor, and its CPU usage dropped to 2 or 3 percent. The slowness was gone. I don't know why double clicking it to get more detail would do that, but it's worth a try. Before I did that, I had the issue for more than an hour.

I don't see any process name 'kernel_task' in the activity monitor.

Preview and Quicktime now cant be opened from application dock. If I click it, it doesn't open the application and when I checked in the activity monitor, it shows NOT RESPONDING and have to force quit the applications. Unless I open the application thru the file with respective format.

Kernel_task only shows if you have Activity Monitor set to show all processes in the View menu.

This forum is for developers. If you have problems with Catalina testing, use Feedback Assistant to file a bug report. Just continue to use your Mojave machine for daily use like developers are doing.