TV OS can't get HomeKit Homes

Hello.

I updated by Apple TV to OS 10. I am using the release version of Xcode 8 to build for TV OS 10.

I am able to create an HMHomeManager object. But, it does not return any Homes. The array of Homes is empty. I have the Apple TV signed in to the correct iCloud account and have Home Sharing turned on. I am able to use this Apple TV as a device to manage my HomeKit devices using a phone not on the WiFi network. I used the same code to make an iOS 10 app that successfully returns homes.

Are there issues with HomeKit on the Apple TV? Has anyone else experienced this?

Replies

I have the same problem. Sometimes it works if you deinstall the app and install it again. Very strange bug.

@Mind_Vise any news from your side ?

I have the same issue, Apple should find us a solution soon.

as for me the primaryHome array is always (0) although it calls the

homeManagerDidUpdateHomes

but even after perfect calling the primaryHome still (0) empty.

i have tried the HMUser functions as i thought the problem with the user privilages (although its the same user ID on both devices iOS and Apple TV) but there is not enogh details about it in apple i might say no details at all as they write (No overview available) and offcourse no tutorials or samples

mean while i have tried remotely as an admin from iPAD and it works although you cant edit or add any new homes unless you are connected to the same wifi network. so why this is difficult in appleTV?

Same :/

same

Same