Conversational shortcuts input parameters being handled only in Shortcuts app and no in Siri Dialog.

Hi,
I've been trying to implement a conversational shortcut feature which I have 3 parameters to be inputed. The resolving methods looks working fine but when the first resolve completion is triggered, Siri navigates me to Shortcuts app instead use de Siri Dialog prompt. Any idea about what's happening here? My Siri Dialog prompt are no being printed or speaked to the user but only the summary text input after an navigation from Siri to Shortcuts app.
Env: Xcode 11 beta 5, iOS 13 beta 6, Mac OS catalina 10.15 Beta (19A512f)
Best regards!

Replies

I'm facing the exact same issue. With older versions of the betas it didn't happen.

Is this something that will be fixed in new betas or is the expected behaviour?

If is the intended behaviour maybe you could allow to opt-in/out in the intentdefinition file.

Best,

Mauro

Did you find any solution?
Best!

I'm running into the same issue. For me, I have an input parameter that's a "string" ... when i trigger the shortcut without specifiying the paramter, my 'resolve' method is called and I return 'needsValue'. In this case, instead of prompting me to add details for the string, it jumps to the shortcuts app instead. I thought the premise of this was for Siri to become "conversational", not just jump to the Shortcuts app for manual input.

Any ideas on what to try?

Apparently it works fine again in iOS13.1, so it might be something that was moved out of 13.0 (without any notice).

Hi! You say, you have a "string" input parameter. I notice in my extension, that Siri always says she does not recognize the input but in the resolve method everything is fine. Do you perhaps had the same problem?

This issue (where siri always responded by jumping to Shortcuts) was fixed by upgrading to iOS13.1.