Sidecar iPad not available to connect.

Hello,

I have a MacBook Pro 2018 13" with an iPad 5th generation. I upgraded my iPad to iPadOS 13 on the first beta, and just updated my MacBook Pro after making a time machine backup. However, one of the most exciting featues was the new sidecar feature. When I went to settings the option was not there though, I googled around and ended up using the fix for older Macs (terminal command) even though mine is supported (2018 MacBook Pro). Then I get the options for Sidecar, but now on the Connect To: area, it says no devices. It also does not appear on the AirPlay menu anywhere, it didnt before I ran the terminal command either. They are both on the same Apple ID for everything, same WiFi, bluetooth on. I've tried wired, unwired, bluetooth connected to each other. Is there any advice on how to fix this?

iPad 5th Generation

Macbook Pro 2018 13" i7

Both on latest public betas.

Thanks.

Replies

Same here, MacBook Pro Mid-2017 + iPad Air 2. Plus I cannot see the sidecar icon in preferences pane, I just can launch it via spotlight then I receive the message that no device is available.

I used a terminal command to unlock it, even though my model is clearly supported. Open terminal and paste this : defaults write com.apple.sidecar.display AllowAllDevices -bool true; defaults write com.apple.sidecar.display hasShownPref -bool true; open /System/Library/PreferencePanes/Sidecar.prefPane

Now the Pref Pane icon shows up! Thanks. However it doesn't recognize any device.

+1.
This seems to have broken as far back as Beta 3 for both Catalina and iPadOS.

I have Macbook Pro late 2018 (Catalina) + iPad Pro 2nd gen. (ios 13) and does not work Sidecar.

Error is:

Unable to Connect to “M....Pro’s iPad”

A miscellaneous error occurred (-402).

Does anybody know any solutions?

I'm still seeing "No Devices" in the Sidecar option of System Preferences.
iPadOS 13.1.2, iPad Mini 4

MacOS 10.15.B10 (19A578c) , MacBookPro Late 2018.
Any news on this?