CloudKeychainProxy problems

For some reason the CloudKeychainProxy process gradually uses up all RAM and then some. Happens on two different Macs running Catalina. As it turns out it also happens with Mojave 10.14.6 on four different Macs. The only workaround seems to be to log out of iCloud.

Any thoughts? I've filed a bug report.

Accepted Reply

Had to reset Keychain on each Mac.

Replies

Had to reset Keychain on each Mac.

I have a mac mini home server that has been crashing every approx. 15 days for over a year now. Its a 2012 mini running Catalina. It does what I call a half crash where many services fail, though I can still make http requests sometimes and I can still SSH in. But no way to see what's going on or sniff out the problem.

Then through random chance, I was connected to the mini through screen sharing and turns out it was hours or less before it was going to crash. Memory pressure was super high, yellow with blips into the red. And it was from CloudKeychainProxy! It was clearly leaking and it's memory use was going up and up and up. Slowly, but steadily. SO after about 15 days, my 16 GB system would run out and not fully lock up but functionally lock up.

My first clue in i don't even know how long. It's been going on so long, I actually have been logging these crashes on a calendar to see if I could infer any clues that way!

I don't know what you mean by "reset [the] keychain" but what ended up working for me was logging out of iCloud entirely. I don't really NEED iCloud services on this home server, so for now I just logged out. After a few minutes, all that leaked memory suddenly started deflating and use and pressure all went back down to normal.

Not sure if I'm going to try to log back in and dig around and see if I can solve the problem, OR if I'm just going to leave it as-is without iCloud.

But if nothing else, let me chime in to say I TOO HAVE TROUBLE WITH CloudKeychainProxy LEAKING MEMORY SLOWLY AND SURELY UNTIL THE SYSTEM IS UNUSABLE!