FxPlug - Linear Colorspace

This has been nagging me for years ( long discussion with Darrin Cardini but unresolved ). If I create a Color Solid in Motion and set the values to 0.25, 0.50, 0.75 Motion and the fxplugs I am writing see those exact values - 0.25, 0.50, 0.75. If I create an fxplug filter and render a quad with the values 0.25, 0.50, 0.75 I get 0.286, 0.545, 0.779. This is as basic as I can make my example. I have tried using both kFxImageColorInfo_RGB_GAMMA_VIDEO and kFxImageColorInfo_RGB_LINEAR for kFxPropertyKey_DesiredProcessingColorInfo to no avail.

This is obviously something simple I am doing or not doing. Any ideas folks? Can someone start me off Color Solid source? I need this to work as a filter and generator. But as of ten seconds ago I think generators may be treated differently ( will give it a go but still need it to work with filters ).

Using for velocity fields and normal maps with FxPlug Filters.

Can anyone help?

thank you,

David Patrick Farmer

Accepted Reply

The solution is updating to the FxPlug 3.1.1 API. I’m now seeing the expected results. Closing this thread as “solved”.

David

Replies

Bump

To clarify, Apple worked very hard to help me resolve this issue. I was only trying to give the issue historical context.

Apologies.

I currently working on a post with code and documentation to show the issue.

David

The solution is updating to the FxPlug 3.1.1 API. I’m now seeing the expected results. Closing this thread as “solved”.

David