Can I use an iPhone X in an App Preview Video for 5.5" devices?

Hello everyone,

we are currently creating screenshots and app previews for our apps. In screenshot for 6.5" devices, we show a mock of an iPhone X and for 5.5" devices a mock of an iPhone 8. We are now unclear, if you should give the App Preview Video the same treatment and show an iPhone X on 6.5" devices and an iPhone 8 on 5.5" devices. I couldn't find any specifics in the documentation about the device representation - yet apps can be rejected if the screenshots (and only the screenshots as it hat been stated in the rejection notification) represent a false iPhone.

Has anyone experience in this regard?

Replies

>In screenshot for 6.5

In that example, I believe Apple recommends using the iPhone XS Max/sim, allowing the backend to scale off of it.

If your essential screenshots are incorrect, your Preview will be too if you re-use them there.

In any case, you risk rejection over any mismatch, so whatever you do, be sure your screenshots and Preview video mirror each other.

Note this admonition from March this year:

As a reminder, starting March 27, 2019 all new apps and app updates for iPhone or iPad, including universal apps, will need to be built with the iOS 12.1 SDK and support iPhone XS Max or the 12.9-inch iPad Pro (3rd generation). Screenshots for these devices will also be required.