iCloud issues with Messages, FaceTime, Security

I was hoping that Beta 3 would solve these issues but they do persist:

1)Messages - I cannot sign into Messages with my AppleID - signing in yields "Could not sign in to iMessage. An error occured during activation. Try Again"

trying again does not help

2) FaceTime - I cannot sign into FaceTime. When I attempt to do so I get this error " This account has no reachable addresses. Please sign into Appleid.apple.com in order to add one" But I clearly have one and all other iCloud functions work. Yes, I have signed out and back in...

3) Security - When I attempt to click the unlock with watch button in the security pane I get this message "your Mac must be signed into iCloud - you can sign in using iCloud preferences" but, yes, I am signed in

Any suggestions?

Replies

Facing the same problem all of a sudden.

Also had permission issues to Desktop and Documents. At least that got resolved by running chmod u+rwx on both the folders that were linked to my iCloud Drive.

Jup, having the exact same problem here, can confirm (this is on beta 7 btw).

Same problem (Catalina beta 7)

Does anyone have a solution?

This persists with beta 8

Unfortunately, this persists with Beta 9

It's beta 10! The problem not solved.

Within few days coming the stable public update. I'm afraid.

Beta 11 doesn't solve it either

I have this exact issue as well. Spend two hours with Apple support yesterday trying to troubleshoot. Seems like it is just my iCloud account tied to my specific MacBook Pro. All my other devices work fine with iCloud. Oddly enough my serial number is now missing when looking at About this Mac, so they believe that is probably what is causing the issue. Not sure which beta version stripped it. GM didn’t fix it. Have to take it in to the Apple store next week for them to look at and hopefully repair.

After much consternation and trial, I discovered the solution with the help of Apple support. Resetting the "automatic" location immediately solved it....I just created a new Automatic location and once it was active, Messages, Facetime and other issues were resolved.

Hi, I too am getting this same issue. Could you please explain what is this Automatic location? And how do I toggle it?

I have the same problem. How on earth do I solve it???

I guess I will be taking it to the local apple service center. You should probably do the same.

I have this issue since Sierra.

I can't use Messages, iMessage or FaceTime, both on my iPhone and MacBook Pro. I've tried every possible solution.

Hi, can you please provide more details about your solution?!

Anyone found a solution to this? I am having same issue on both my Macbook Air and Pro