taskIsWaitingForConnectivity is not called in iOS 13 Beta

Hello,

The urlSession(_:taskIsWaitingForConnectivity:) delegate method is not called in iOS 13 Beta (I'm currently working under Xcode 11.0 beta 5, Catalina beta 5).

The URLSession I used is defined as:

public private(set) lazy var urlSession: URLSession = {

let config = URLSessionConfiguration.default

config.waitsForConnectivity = true

return URLSession(configuration: config, delegate: self, delegateQueue: nil)

}()

I turn off Wi-Fi on my MacBook Pro, start a demo app, and the tasks created out of URLSession defined above just failed with timeout.

urlSession(_:taskIsWaitingForConnectivity:) delegate method is not called at all.

I wonder if it is a known issue or I missed something?

Thank you in advance,

Yuriy

Accepted Reply

I’m not aware of any planned change in this space. The best thing to do here is to create a small test project that illustrates the issue (working on iOS 12, failing on iOS 13 beta) and then file a bugbug report with that project attached.

As part of this you’ll need to include a sysdiagnose log. Before taking that log, install both the CFNetwork for iOS and Network Diagnostics for iOS profiles. See our Bug Reporting > Profiles and Logs page for details.

Post your bug number, just for the record.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!”
Apple Developer Relations, Developer Technical Support, Core OS/Hardware

let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@apple.com"

Replies

I’m not aware of any planned change in this space. The best thing to do here is to create a small test project that illustrates the issue (working on iOS 12, failing on iOS 13 beta) and then file a bugbug report with that project attached.

As part of this you’ll need to include a sysdiagnose log. Before taking that log, install both the CFNetwork for iOS and Network Diagnostics for iOS profiles. See our Bug Reporting > Profiles and Logs page for details.

Post your bug number, just for the record.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!”
Apple Developer Relations, Developer Technical Support, Core OS/Hardware

let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@apple.com"

Thank you, Quinn!

I've filed a bug report, its number is: FB7045254.

The only thing is that I wasn't able to attach a sysdiagnose log, because I'm currenly don't have a "physical" iOS device capabable of iOS 13. I'll try to ask my colleagues to collect the logs.

---

Best regards,

Yuriy

I've attached a sysdiagnose log to FB7045254.

---

Best regards,

Yuriy

Still reproducible on iOS 13 beta 7.

The problem has officially been acknowledged: iOS & iPadOS 13 Beta 8 Release Notes:

Known Issues

The

urlSession(_:taskIsWaitingForConnectivity:)
delegate callback might not function as expected. (54309264)