Does the user always have the option to change email on Sign in?

So in the scenario where a user uses Apple Sign in to sign into my app ... we know it lets them edit their name and choose their Apple email or a relay.
My question is ... after creating the user in our system and signing them in, say they don't sign in for a while so their login expires in our system, so they now see the "Apple Signin" again, so they have to login using that ... do they have to go through the same flow of picking their email and name again? or will Apple know what they had before and just present those to the user?

Accepted Reply

They do not have to go through the same flow again. Apple wil recognize that they are signing into the app they have used before and will let them sign-in without having to make the choices again.

As part of this second sign-in transaction, Apple will only provide you the ID of the signing in user and will not not provide the email and name again to your application.

Replies

They do not have to go through the same flow again. Apple wil recognize that they are signing into the app they have used before and will let them sign-in without having to make the choices again.

As part of this second sign-in transaction, Apple will only provide you the ID of the signing in user and will not not provide the email and name again to your application.

Hi @sudhakar19

I'm guessing this issue is related to mine https://forums.developer.apple.com/thread/121496

If this is expected behavior, should this be documented? It's quite confusing for developers that you can get name, email for the first time, but the second time, the only thing you get is user id.